Hardware What would your ideal case for the 3DS include?

D

Deleted-236924

#1 I would never want a "case" other than my pocket...
That's gotta be the worst case ever.
I mean, a case that hurts the system?
*Shrug* my pocket's all I've been using, and no problems so far. I keep the executive pouch in my backpack in the rare chance that I need to keep it out of my pocket (id est, heavy rain or snow, considering the college I go to), but that's it.
I've kept my 3DS in my pocket. Once.
It came out with a crapton of dust everywhere on the top screen and bottom screen part, and the top screen had scratched a bit due to the bottom screen (However, it's barely noticeable.)
It also wouldn't charge on the charging stand thingy since there was so much dust on the connectors.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like a case kindof like the old "Combinable" nerf guns. Y'know, customize it; size, batter, color, circle pad, speakers. microwavable hot tub. The important stuff.

Reactions: 4 people

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3dsparodiaslidepad2.jpg
it comes with a 1.21 Gw battery B-)
(yeah, I know that batteries are mesured with volts not watts, but hey it's a fucking joke)

Reactions: 5 people

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Shrug* my pocket's all I've been using, and no problems so far. I keep the executive pouch in my backpack in the rare chance that I need to keep it out of my pocket (id est, heavy rain or snow, considering the college I go to), but that's it.
It came out with a crapton of dust everywhere on the top screen and bottom screen part, and the top screen had scratched a bit due to the bottom screen (However, it's barely noticeable.)
It also wouldn't charge on the charging stand thingy since there was so much dust on the connectors.
#1 Its idiotic not to get screen protectors for the DS or 3DS. And with screen protectors, the lines become a non-issue.
#2 Clean your damn pockets.

#3 There really is no need for a case, except maybe for the mentioned above about keeping a 3DS in a backpack or something. When not keeping your 3DS in your pocket for portability, theres no reason not to keep it on a table or surface somewhere 95% of the other time. Its not like stationary objects are at jeopardy or something.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of submitting my case idea to a company like Nyko, I am not looking to make any sort of money. I just want a good case for the 3DS and I think it's doable.

My ideal case for the Nintendo 3DS would include the following.

1) Back up battery to double battery life of the 3DS system.
2) Extra Circle Pad attachment.
3) LCD Screen - This could display one of the following (Date, Time, Calculator, Notes, Battery Level, Wifi Strength).
4) Extra Speakers.

3DS-XL :)

D

Deleted-236924

#1 Its idiotic not to get screen protectors for the DS or 3DS. And with screen protectors, the lines become a non-issue.

#3 There really is no need for a case, except maybe for the mentioned above about keeping a 3DS in a backpack or something. When not keeping your 3DS in your pocket for portability, theres no reason not to keep it on a table or surface somewhere 95% of the other time. Its not like stationary objects are at jeopardy or something.
That doesn't prevent dust getting into places that shouldn't get dust.
How do you suggest I "clean my pockets", considering my clothes are clean to begin with?

vallum

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My ideal case for the Nintendo 3DS would include the following.

1) Back up battery to double battery life of the 3DS system.
2) Extra Circle Pad attachment.
3) LCD Screen - This could display one of the following (Date, Time, Calculator, Notes, Battery Level, Wifi Strength).
4) Extra Speakers.

Not a case per se, but you should check this "grip". Has a 1800mAh capacity battery built-in and some extra speakers too. Seems quite ergonomical. :D

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do you suggest I "clean my pockets", considering my clothes are clean to begin with?
Isn't your finger enough to wipe away dust and debris? I rub my finger across my DS/3DS like a squeegee.

D

Deleted-236924

Isn't your finger enough to wipe away dust and debris? I rub my finger across my DS/3DS like a squeegee.
Show me how you can wipe the inside of your shoulder buttons/etc. with your finger, I'm interested in seeing.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Show me how you can wipe the inside of your shoulder buttons/etc. with your finger, I'm interested in seeing.
Have you ever taken apart a 3DS? Or a NDS for that matter? A GBA or PSP?

Unless your carrying case is a bucket of finely ground powder sugar, The inside of handhelds stay pristine over the years. There's a design flaw with DSLite with shoulder buttons failing, that happens to be unrelated to dirt.

And really... Just clean your pockets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAXUYLbFYk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: