What would you pay for this HDD?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by hundshamer, Mar 26, 2010.

Mar 26, 2010
  1. hundshamer
    OP

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'm not selling it. I just made it and want to get an idea of what it's worth. I put a 250GB HDD with the second partition to play xbox 1 games. Works on hacked and non-hacked consoles. What do you guys think, because I may do some custom case modding starting with a matching side (on the 360) for this drive.
    [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Case mods are always an odd one to try and price up. I suppose the main question is how fast do you want to try and shift stock and secondly are they going to be premade designs or something custom?

High prices will sell for the same reason that white headphones still sell better at higher prices and more so if there is a shortage of drives (banning waves and people shifting the cost of an arcade are good for this).

Low prices will shift fast but obviously with lower profit.
    The two obvious things to look at are 250 gig drives prices (set to be released as a standalone item soon and for once at a price approaching sensible although still a nice margin if you are going to do mod of a standard drive) and the spare cases (there is a fair difference between DX and more local shops).

Also is it a pure case mode or are you going to add a basic sata port/extension and power options to hook it up to a PC because that would mean a fair bit to people.

In the end price of a standalone 250 gig drive + 20 to 25 is what I would look for. More for custom and sata addons.

3. Johnlennonjumped

Newcomer Johnlennonjumped Member

United States
    modded items always look so cool, makes you wonder why Microsoft doesn't hire people to case mod xbox 360 that people can send in they could make so money am i right!

(like Microsoft needs any more money [​IMG] )