Hacking What would be the best hack for my 360?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty new to all of this but I basically wanna run backips and homebrew, emulators ect, I have a Jasper model 360 with the dashboard setting of 2.0.17511.10. As for the drive i'm not 100% sure as I didn't open the console to see it but I did follow the guide and I saw a yellow wire so I assume it's a Phillips lite-on DG-16D2S

What would be the best CFW for me? and will I need to buy anything or open the console to mod it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean taking off the faceplate to check, flashing the dvd drive won't allow what you're asking. backups, yes; emulators, no.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"
Supplies: A PHAT Xbox 360 console(preferably Jasper or Falcon Mobo, Xenons and Zephyrs have a low successful glitch rate), Jrunner program, RGH 1.2 timing files, a compatible modchip, 26-30ga wiring, solid strand preferred for bottom points, JRProgrammer V2 kit,
25-35W soldering iron, flux, thermal paste, 91% IPA or MEK, office tape, and Qtips. A hot glue gun is also highly suggested."

I still need a modchip then?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aww man I don't wanna have to buy more stuff or solder extra stuff, is they're another way I could do it with the console I have?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope. 360's require a glitch chip and soldering no matter what if you want homebrew stuff.

What about flashing the drive? or JTAGing? is that still a thing? I heard you don't need to do anything physical for stuff like that?

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still have to solder for JTAG, and the required kernel (dashboard) was patched looooong ago. As far as flashing the drive, you'd still at the very least have to disassemble the console and probe the disc drive PCB to get the DVD key to flash it. You could avoid soldering though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, 7371 is the latest available for jtag, and iirc, it's not all systems either. flashing a drive isn't so bad. I once flashed a drive while very drunk if that tells you anything. it was an easy one though: hitachi 78fk iirc from a xenon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1