Hacking What works for 8gb sd using R4 sdhc ?

happygirl83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried searching for solution in forum but no one seem to have a solid answer for my problem.

I have a R4 SDHC and with 1.26 firmware using 4GB everything works perfectly (about 60 games total), but when I bought a 8gb and use the same firmware except more games about 110 games and nothing work.

I have tried put games in different folders, game1 game2, game3 ... but still not working since only the main folder of game is working and still showing 44 games instead of 60 games in there.... What am I doing wrong?

Please suggest me what to do?

Thanks

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest copying everything from the 8GB card to a termporary directory. Then use the panasonic formatter to format the 8GB card. Then copy the files back to the 8GB card and make another post if the 8GB card isn't working.

happygirl83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure what you mean, it formatted FAT 32 using standard PC and what wrong with that? Why must it be Panasonic formatter?

Thanks

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows doesn't always format sd cards properly. This is a well known problem with windows. The panasonic formatter will format the card properly.

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have an r4 sdhc and it i got the ysmenu to work on a 4gb card let me no if you get it working on the 8gb card as i wanted to get one for my ds

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
happygirl83 said:
I have a R4 SDHC and with 1.26 firmware using 4GB everything works perfectly (about 60 games total), but when I bought a 8gb and use the same firmware except more games about 110 games and nothing work.

I have tried put games in different folders, game1 game2, game3 ... but still not working since only the main folder of game is working and still showing 44 games instead of 60 games in there.... What am I doing wrong?
Firstly, I think with the plethora of R4 clones, there is a lot of confusion of which cart is which (I think there's more than one with R4 SDHC in its title). That said, I'll try and offer some assistance on the brief encounter I had with one recently (had the successful task of "fixing" it to work again for someone on the weekend), so I've got a little experience.

"...use the same firmware..." - Did you download FW 1.26 again (probably not given latest FW is 1.32) or extract it from your PC? Or *shriek!* did you cut & paste the files from your 4GB msd onto your 8GB msd?

"...folders game1, game2..." "...main folder of game.." - if you are using the same cart I handled, name of folders makes no diiference at all - I deleted "NDS" and made seperate folders named "Sports" "Racing" "Action & Adventure" "Lifestyle & Cooking", put them on the root of msd and they all played fine. Although, I'm not sure about game compatability - except I did try the DSi game "Assassin's Creed II Discovery and it worked.

I formatted his msd with Panasonic SD Formatter, downloaded FW 1.32 (there's a fairly recent topic in this section linking it) and put about 180 games back onto his 8GB sandisk msd. Downloaded 12 R4 themes from NDS Themes to replace the crappy R4 degault ones and he's now a very happy fella!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.