Hacking What will happen if upgrade my Wii to 4.3 from 3.2

robinc

New Member
OP
Newbie
Joined
Nov 5, 2010
Messages
2
Trophies
0
XP
1
Country
Gambia, The
Hello all,

Sorry if this is a stupid question/been asked before, I searched bannerbomb to 4.3 but couldn't find any results.

I have a 3.2 bannerbombed Wii.

I'd like to upgrade it though Nintendo's update then use the Indiana Pwns hack, is this possible?

-Robin
 

LordSturm

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
26
Trophies
0
XP
164
Country
Nintendo_Chick said:
No point in updating passed 4.1, all it does is try to kill homebrew.

Yes but 4.0 -> 4.2 are the same with less compatibility.


QUOTE(trumpet-205 @ Nov 6 2010, 09:55 AM) Install latest HBC first using Hackmii installer. After that install IOS236.

Then update to 4.3.

What is IOS236, and where do I get that? ( Is it related to the Trucha Signing Exploit? )
 

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
708
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
118
Country
United States
why do you want to update in the first place? there really is no reason. launching wiiware/vc from sd in the system menu is the only added feature and it doesn't exactly work the way that most people think it does. long story short it's going to put some wear on your nand. use triiforce with a forwarder channel. same thing, less wear on your nand.
 

robinc

New Member
OP
Newbie
Joined
Nov 5, 2010
Messages
2
Trophies
0
XP
1
Country
Gambia, The
trumpet-205 said:
Install latest HBC first using Hackmii installer. After that install IOS236.

Then update to 4.3.


Hi everyone thanks for your help.

I have the newest HBC (1.0.8) and newest IOS 236 (IOS 36 v4.18).

But I didn't install them with the Hackmii installer, will it still be ok up upgrade to 4.3?
 

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
746
Trophies
0
Age
36
Location
Canada! Mah Fukas!
Website
Visit site
XP
238
Country
Canada
should be
wink.gif
 

Yuan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
1,291
Trophies
0
XP
371
Country
Brazil
robinc said:
trumpet-205 said:
Install latest HBC first using Hackmii installer. After that install IOS236.

Then update to 4.3.


Hi everyone thanks for your help.

I have the newest HBC (1.0.8) and newest IOS 236 (IOS 36 v4.18).

But I didn't install them with the Hackmii installer, will it still be ok up upgrade to 4.3?

How did you install HBC 1.0.8 without hackmii? Even when it updates it prompts hackmii installer again.
 

lulwut

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2010
Messages
331
Trophies
0
XP
34
Country
LordSturm said:
Nintendo_Chick said:
No point in updating passed 4.1, all it does is try to kill homebrew.
Yes but 4.0 -> 4.2 are the same with less compatibility.
how the hell does 4.1 or 4.2 kill homebrew in its current state. or even decrease compatibility?
it doesn't change anything...
 

JonthanD

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2010
Messages
279
Trophies
0
Age
48
Location
Sitting
XP
201
Country
United States
lulwut said:
LordSturm said:
Nintendo_Chick said:
No point in updating passed 4.1, all it does is try to kill homebrew.
Yes but 4.0 -> 4.2 are the same with less compatibility.
how the hell does 4.1 or 4.2 kill homebrew in its current state. or even decrease compatibility?
it doesn't change anything...

Maybe he is thinking back when 4.2 first came out a lot of stuff changed and a lot of homebrew had to be updated?
I am on 4.3 now myself and can find nothing that does not work.

Big thank you too all the homebrew peoples!!!
 

lulwut

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2010
Messages
331
Trophies
0
XP
34
Country
JonthanD said:
lulwut said:
LordSturm said:
Nintendo_Chick said:
No point in updating passed 4.1, all it does is try to kill homebrew.
Yes but 4.0 -> 4.2 are the same with less compatibility.
how the hell does 4.1 or 4.2 kill homebrew in its current state. or even decrease compatibility?
it doesn't change anything...

Maybe he is thinking back when 4.2 first came out a lot of stuff changed and a lot of homebrew had to be updated?
I am on 4.3 now myself and can find nothing that does not work.

Big thank you too all the homebrew peoples!!!
and even then it should all work fine because its the wii's backward compatibility that backstabs it over and over and over (ever wondered why so many ios versions exist ?)
 

JonthanD

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2010
Messages
279
Trophies
0
Age
48
Location
Sitting
XP
201
Country
United States
lukands said:
Sorry...kind of related to the topic.
Do any games need 4.2 or 4.3, I`m currently on 4.1 so is there a reason to update? any need to play new games?

Only maybe some specific IOS's don't ask me what IOS's for what games though as I wouldn't have a clue with out researching it myself.

I do know you can open up your Wii ISO's and look at the update partition and check to see if they include any new IOS's and then you can just update those on your Wii if you know what IOS's you have installed on your Wii.

But I would recommend just updating them all with ModMii and DarkCorp or something, unless you know what your doing.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: that's a good catchphrase