What was the Testing Area?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean a section of the board, it could be a separate part of the board to test new plugins/applications without affecting the rest of the board. I've been staff elsewhere and we had something like that as well. though, I'm just guessing considering I've never heard of it. :)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just went to a time machine called: EOF page 666 and I noticed users saying: "Testing Area was better, bring it back"

And i got curious.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was a glorious and hallowed land, one wherein humour reigned above all and funny things happened on the daily.

Then one day it was destroyed in a freak accident (or so they say, records are spotty from around that time and research is difficult) and the former shiny and happy place emerged as the edge of the forum, a place wherein the once amusing antics were twisted into a dark parody of themselves, simple catchphrases took the place of witticisms, low effort copy and paste memes took the place of cutting and sharp images made specifically for the discussion in question, an infestation of keyboard mashers had taken root to pollute the discourse and ensure no kind of good signal to noise ratio, said keyboard mashers were also flanked by those being "random" in a symbiotic storm of nonsense that not even 4chan would tolerate, and a perverse system of likes was instituted to codify what was once an unsaid but otherwise understood. There is still a vanguard from the TA days, they meet in basements and occasionally unleash a quality too seldom seen these days, or rarely leave the confines of the last great bastions of quality, such a thing sees the meme copying like farmer cockroaches scatter in the face of true greatness. However glimpses of greatness are not enough, and all too often devoured by the swarm when their numbers grow large enough such that even the mighty broom of moderation is not enough.

There are legends that Tempy himself (hallowed be his name) will return when the need is greatest, however despite many dark periods as remaining luminaries from the vanguard fall he has yet to be seen. If indeed it is darkest before the dawn then it bodes ill for the times to come.

Hrth to your mother.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@FAST6191
You never fail to clear my doubts!
Also... how come such an old guy like you is way more into urban dictionary than I am?
Thanks for replying.

Hrth to you kind sir.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol