What was Nintendo's best E3 thus far?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by HaloEffect17, Jul 2, 2015.

1. HaloEffect17
    OP

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    I am curious to know what you thought was Nintendo's most impressive E3 over the years.

2. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    the one from 2002 :)

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  3. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    I can tell you which E3 was Nintendo's worst:nayps3:

4. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    I heard '04 was generally well received. Everyone's seen the meltdown at the reveal of Twilight Princess.

First time I actually followed E3 was in '09. As a Mario fan, it was a friggin' awesome year. (New Super Mario Bros. Wii AND Super Mario Galaxy 2)

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  5. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I remember watching E3 2006 live for the first time. It was amazing seeing the game for the Wii for the first time and THAT Smash Bros Brawl trailer. It was also the moment when just showing the logo for Starfox DS and Yoshi's Island 2 made me so giddy with excitement (but sadly the games were meh when they were eventually released).

Nintendo's E3 2007-2008 was meh in general because of the restructuring but I think E3 2012 where they tried to sell us the Wii U but they were focusing on Nintendoland for almost 80% of the presentation.

6. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    How times have changed.. Nintendo used to make great games and consoles but now they're moving towards smartphones, with their own Skylanders and shorter games plus locked content to physical DLC (amiibos).

Deboog likes this.
  7. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    I don't understand... Let's say Nintendo tried to develop a new open Mario adventure, a new Metroid Prime, and a new Animal Crossing all alongside the Wii U Zelda game they're working on (like they did in 2002). Even if, lets say, the Metroid flops, and the Animal Crossing is delayed, they'd still have a single fantastic game coming out this year, which is more than they can say today. Of course Nintendo wants to take time and only work on IPs when they have good ideas for them, but they aren't going to release anything at all if they don't take risks. It's like they aren't even trying anymore.

HaloEffect17 likes this.