Hardware What USB microphone for singing games

Affidavit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modded Wii, wife wants karaoke games. Bought an OfferUp Wii U Sing Party with a mic. It does work in my Ubuntu, but none of the karaoke games I have recognize it. I had no idea that there might be different USB microphones :(
Anyways, what mic to buy to play karaoke games?
Is there a game that would work with my Sing Party Wii U microphone?
I read on this forum I need to use IOS249 for mic to work, this is what I have now.

Reactions: jeannotte

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Logitech Vantage USB Mic is used by many, many games that utilize vocal microphone input (and is reasonably cheap), that might be a solid choice. You can often find them with Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and Disney branding on them. I've also seen one with Konami branding. Even the one with the Logitech logo will work just the same, though. Good luck.

Edit: here's an example of the mic I'm talking about. https://www.amazon.com/Konami-Logitech-Microphone-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B005Q6R3C6/

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

Affidavit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your answer! I will bite the bullet and go for the Logitech.
So this is final that this Wii U mic will not work for anything on Wii?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your answer! I will bite the bullet and go for the Logitech.
So this is final that this Wii U mic will not work for anything on Wii?

I'm not sure about this. Wish I could help answer your question about that. All I can assure you of is that the Logitech mic will work for sure as long as everything is set up correctly on your end.

ishida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
might not be answering your question directly,
i don't have Sing Party Wii U mic (i use official Nintendo mic & Hori PS4 DAM mic),
but i highly recommend カラオケJOYSOUND for Wii U (Japanese version. they dropped support of international version.)

the Mii Stage in Wii U is the best thing,
a Mii of your favourite rockstar or yourself on a stage you design :)
(disgraceful switch port removed Stage design but 150% more expensive)

but you'll need:
Japan import Wii U (or if jailbroken Wii U can change region?)
buy Japanese Nintendo points on websites e.g. ebay.

Affidavit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for completeness - I've got $3.50 Guitar Hero microphone from a local thrift store and it works with Konami games, does not work with "We Sing 80's". Looks like this one requires a custom mic.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Just for completeness - I've got $3.50 Guitar Hero microphone from a local thrift store and it works with Konami games, does not work with "We Sing 80's". Looks like this one requires a custom mic.

Interestingly, the box art seems to indicate that the game also uses Logitech Vantage USB Microphones. This could be a matter or you using the wrong port, perhaps, or not having or using the correct IOS, but I wouldn't even know where to begin with all of that. It should still be possible to make that game work with the mic you picked up if you don't give up and troubleshoot a bit more.

9173LQZRVGL._SL1500_.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up