What Translation Projects are finished?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Inunah, Jan 2, 2010.

Jan 2, 2010
  1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    I'd like to know what translation projects are at at least 85% completion or more and have an up-to-date released patch....
    And by 85% completion, I mean it must be easy to follow the storyline.. Useless text doesn't have to be translated..... Just the important stuff. And the menus. Menu and main storyline text have to be 100%, but as long as the general completion is 85% complete that's fine by me.

So, what translation projects are finished?

Only reason I ask is because i'd like to try a good Japanese game but I don't like any translation patches that aren't at least 85% complete. Plus with the Temporary Translation Project topic and the stickied one both existing, i'm not sure even if all the translation projects are listed, so.....

2. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    ~Jump! Ultimate Stars English Translation

^ ~90% Done~ ^

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    You could've looked at the list.

Released there's Jump and Soma Bringer. Unreleased there's ASH and soon-to-be finished Tales of Innocence.

4. Inunah
    OP

United States
    I did look, but on the more recently updated Translation Project topic, most of them said "nearly finished" and I was left wondering how much is nearly finished.

>.> Is that it? Seriously? I've already got the Soma Bringer one, and I don't want a translation patch I find out about before it's released/80% complete.

5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yeah, Soma Bringer is like 98.87% completed or something. Look at the list and follow the link to the topic.

6. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Translation patched Soma Bringer is already on my card. LOL I'm probably not even halfway through though.

7. haflore

Member haflore aeternaliter fluxa

United States
  8. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Pfft, I tried the game today with the English patch and it was pretty cool to me [​IMG]. You deleted the game just because of ONE NOT UNLOCKED CHARACTER. You should have tried the Story Mode first [​IMG].

9. Inunah
    OP

United States
    I did. I got a few levels in and then it gave me a goal that isn't possible to complete, and even though completing that mission would have gave me the char I wanted, I deleted the game anyway because the whole game is just stupid and I didn't like it. It was either too slow, too hard, or I didn't like the chars I was forced to use in story mode. If it's a game where you can choose characters, then I better be able to do that or I won't like it. I was okay with it in that one Bleach DS game, but that doesn't mean I'd be okay with it in any other game.

10. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    SNK Vs. Capcom CFC2 English (Card Fighters' Clash 2 Translation)!

11. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Oh god not another fighting game.

Unless it has Phoenix Wright. Then i'm getting it.

12. XWolf

United Kingdom
    It is NOT a fighting game!

13. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Culdcept DS, though after reading your posts, I'm doubting you'll have the patience to truly appreciate it.

14. Inunah
    OP

United States
    What kind of game is it? If it plays similar to Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem then I won't have to appreciate it, because if it has that kind of system in it I will 100% rather buy the game to burn it.

15. XWolf

United Kingdom
  16. Inunah
    OP

United States
    I almost fainted when the first words I saw on the Culdcept Wikipedia article was "turn based strategy". I HATE those types of games. I hate them worse than Satanists hate God. I hate them worse than people hate goatse.

....I might be looking the second one up though.

17. injected11

United States
    Then don't try it. You turned down JUS because you couldn't immediately play as a certain character, you're turning down Culdcept because a wikipedia entry mentioned the game involving turns... something tells me you aren't actually here to listen to any suggestions.

Stop trolling. You're post-whoring across 5-6 different areas of the board.

18. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Not necessarily. I did play the story mode to try and unlock that character. It's just that I came to a part that I thought I pass every time I play it, but it kept saying it was failed. I was unable to pass it for a month and a half, therefore I grew to hate the game and stopped playing it. Eventually I deleted it off of my card.

19. injected11

United States
    Culdcept is unlike any other DS strategy game I've played. If you aren't even willing to try a game that requires some thought in order to win, then go Halo or some other overhyped bullshit.

Sounds to me like you're just impatient, or have terrible taste, because most of the games you "hate" are highly rated, and wouldn't have been translated otherwise.

You couldn't visit GameFAQs once? Your problem solving skills seem severely lacking. Fix that, or adult life is really going to suck for you.

20. junker_man32

Banned junker_man32 Banned

United States
    translate this "FUCK YOU BITCH" FLAME SPAMMER!!! raise warn to level 90 please!! this is how im currently training to get experience to level up my warn level to 90!!!! at the peak of power!