Hacking What tools do I need to hack?

Smur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, I've decided to buy a Wii U and hack it to play downloaded Wii games and other things.
My only problem is, I have no idea where to start, and I have horrible luck with hacking <__>.

I heard I would need a copy of Smash Bros. Brawl, and SD card and Flash Drive, but is that all I need? Do I EVEN need these items?
What are the downsides? Will I still be able to play online with Wii ROMs?

If anyone can clear this up for me that would be great! :]

Edit: I don't feel that comfortable with guides, that's why I made this thread. I always miss a step or do something wrong. I need someone to hold my hand the whole way through :P

Smur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bluke

Trophies
XP
Country
You need Original Disc not a copy disc and do following that threat step by step. In basic Softmod Wii/WiiU have 2 part.
1. Install Homebrew Channel (Will need 1 of 6 games in that list, and must be original disc not a copy disc)
2. Install cIOS to support USB Loader etc... and do another stuff like backup NAND, etc....

Just read the guide carefully then everything is OK.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Edit: I don't feel that comfortable with guides, that's why I made this thread. I always miss a step or do something wrong. I need someone to hold my hand the whole way through :P
Well...at least you're being honest about it. :unsure:

But I'm not going to do the whole explanation. If that link from above didn't start with already having the HBC installed, I wouldn't even have bothered with this post. So here goes. But first: two things:

1. it's your wiiu. It's your responsibility. Hacking a wii is remarkably easy (on hindsight), and from what I hear, the wiiu isn't that much harder either (as far as the vwii is concerned, that is).
2. your warranty of your wiiu will be voided when you hack it. No matter what happens next (even if it has totally not anything to do with the hacks itself), nintendo won't fix it for you.

The second is the reason I don't bother hacking my own device yet, btw. And I'd consider just getting a wii instead (as long as it's not the mini wii...and if you want to play gamecube games, avoid the family edition as well).

That said...you need one of the games listed with 'yes' on this list. Get one of those games (most people go with SSBB) and follow the instructions. You need to do that only once: it will install the homebrew channel on your wii (or vwii, if you're on a wiiu). From there, you can continue on the guide above.

Reactions: Smur

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS is a pretty good guide to getting the homebrew channel installed, while showing various exploits you can choose from.

and THIS is another good guide for once you get homebrew installed on installing proper cIOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5