OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Vita, and I'm kind of confused. It's on the latest firmware, but I'd like to install the hack for the PSP portion? That's how it works, right? To put it simply, how would I go about playing GBA/SNES games on my 3.18 Vita? And how does that affect the PSN store/Can I get banned?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To put it simply, you can't. There needs to be an exploitable game for your firmware available for purchase on PSN and I don't think there are any for the latest. And if you do get one, you can't install updates because that would remove the exploit, so all online access (and future Vita games that have newer updates on the cart) is basically lost.

Reactions: Chary

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
As Arras said above, you have to wait for an exploitable game first, buy that game, then wait for the exploit installer to be released. You can keep track of when this happens at http://wololo.net

As for PSN and getting banned, AFAIK there hasn't been a single case of anyone getting banned for PSP mode hacks yet, so you should be fine. If Sony updates the firmware to fix the exploit, however, you have to choose between being stuck on an old firmware without store/PSN access for Vita games, or updating and losing the exploit.

Honestly, if you wanted PSP homebrew, you should just get a PSP.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres a current VBHL Port for Firmware 3.18 but no eCFW which will let u play ISO's.....at the moment

Like Tom said check out Wololo site for the Exploitable Games and news for the next eCFW :yaypsp:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: