What to do with Vita at latest FW

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Chary, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I just got a Vita, and I'm kind of confused. It's on the latest firmware, but I'd like to install the hack for the PSP portion? That's how it works, right? To put it simply, how would I go about playing GBA/SNES games on my 3.18 Vita? And how does that affect the PSN store/Can I get banned?

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    To put it simply, you can't. There needs to be an exploitable game for your firmware available for purchase on PSN and I don't think there are any for the latest. And if you do get one, you can't install updates because that would remove the exploit, so all online access (and future Vita games that have newer updates on the cart) is basically lost.

Chary likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    As Arras said above, you have to wait for an exploitable game first, buy that game, then wait for the exploit installer to be released. You can keep track of when this happens at http://wololo.net

As for PSN and getting banned, AFAIK there hasn't been a single case of anyone getting banned for PSP mode hacks yet, so you should be fine. If Sony updates the firmware to fix the exploit, however, you have to choose between being stuck on an old firmware without store/PSN access for Vita games, or updating and losing the exploit.

Honestly, if you wanted PSP homebrew, you should just get a PSP.

Chary likes this.
  4. Gaming4Ever

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States
    Theres a current VBHL Port for Firmware 3.18 but no eCFW which will let u play ISO's.....at the moment

Like Tom said check out Wololo site for the Exploitable Games and news for the next eCFW :yaypsp:

Chary likes this.