Misc What to do with a half-functioning unpatched Nintendo Switch ?

excel_kun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello Tempers

as the title says i have an unpatched switch with the following problems :

1-Most of the type-c port traces are cut (the only thing it can do is charging "on one side only")
2-A dead Pi3usb chip (the only resolution option is 480p ) and so i can't send payloads using usb

other then that it can read cartridges and sdcards very fine (it's like a portable only switch)
So what kind of option do i have to cfw'it can i use the Picofly way (i want to practice my soldering skills)
or use a Trinket M0 ?

and Thank You very much

excel_kun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Replace the charge port and the p13usb
it's not that simple, my situation is like this picture, so it's not that simple to just solder a new port, i need to retrace all the broken points.

Attachments

• kd56mqfks5k81.jpg
    kd56mqfks5k81.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Sad
Reactions: impeeza

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Badablek,
Reactions: Blythe93 and Lamcza

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hello,

then you should consider buying an "USB C fix" to repair it easily (this photo comes from its official thread on GBAtemp) ?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-usb-c-fix-new-repair-method.608336/

you can buy it here for example (by 10, so a little bit expensive)
maybe you can find another seller to only buy one ?
I recommend this as well. Since for RCM you need working USB data anyway.
Hello Tempers

1-Most of the type-c port traces are cut (the only thing it can do is charging "on one side only")
2-A dead Pi3usb chip (the only resolution option is 480p ) and so i can't send payloads using usb

other then that it can read cartridges and sdcards very fine (it's like a portable only switch)
So what kind of option do i have to cfw'it can i use the Picofly way (i want to practice my soldering skills)
or use a Trinket M0 ?

and Thank You very much
You could sell it for parts and leave the job of fixing it to someone else.

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
if it accepts payload (ie usb data lines aren't broken) then use rcm and push payloads via usb
Which component is reponsible for connecting the switch to pc friend? I have one switch that can be charged at full 15v and docked properly but can not connect to pc. I have changed the port already so the problem is not the port itself.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello Tempers

or use a Trinket M0 ?

and Thank You very much
And I thought my switch that had a broken usb-c port was bad lol. Annoyingly, I couldn't find any store to fix it since they struggle soldering the hidden pins.

If I had your problem, I would install a trinket so at least it can use CFW. Then just use it as a switch lite. For the Pi3USB chip, I think cellphone stores can at least connect that chip. At least mine was able to replace the power ICs without complaints.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Which component is reponsible for connecting the switch to pc friend? I have one switch that can be charged at full 15v and docked properly but can not connect to pc. I have changed the port already so the problem is not the port itself.
dat+ and dat- on the usb

if they are good , then you should be able to push payloads.
but recally sometimes having a bad Bq or even bad p13 can interfere with fusee gelee based payloads.

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
dat+ and dat- on the usb

if they are good , then you should be able to push payloads.
but recally sometimes having a bad Bq or even bad p13 can interfere with fusee gelee based payloads.
I have checked it and all the pins were connected correctly. I have changed the port too so i can pretty sure my problem come from another component. I will change the p13usb and bq chip to see if it work. There are value readings of d+ and d-.

Attachments

• IMG_20240112_194739.jpg
    IMG_20240112_194739.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240112_195701.jpg
    IMG_20240112_195701.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240112_195711.jpg
    IMG_20240112_195711.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited by superxoi,
Reactions: Blythe93

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The PI3USB is responsible for switching between TV out and data transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol