1. ReBirFh

OP ReBirFh Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I'm planning to sell my Wii U after backing up my saves from WiiU/VWii and replacing the gamepads LCD (the left part is darkened for some reason but the touch isn't affected).

Questions I have:

1. What are the best tools nowadays to backup the saves from Wii U and from the vWii?
    2. Is there any way to delete the user/mii from the main account or lock it in a way that can't be used maliciously by the new owner without bricking or lose the mod? I don't want to throw alway my account in case I get a switch in the future.
    3. Are the save dumps from vWii/Wii U compatible with Dolphin or Cemu?

4. Is there a simple tutorial with how to instructions for new owners of a modded wii (like how to backup or add games)? (kinda useful for people who left the scene a long time ago or who plans to sell)

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex S̶̥͝l̷̹̀͗e̶̼̖̩̅͊e̷̛̦͉̦p̷̘͌͝i̵͇̠̞̿̌n̷̰͚͌̓͝g̷̦̲̍̆͝

Germany
    For wii u, SaveMii. For wii/vwii, savegame manager gx.

Deleting/removing the account (i think you use haxchi/cbhc), removes haxchi/cbhc.

Wii u saves are compatible with cemu. And the same counts for dolphin i think. But i'm not sure to 100%.

Install games with wup installer. That's all.

ReBirFh likes this.
  3. Little_Anonymous_Hacker

Little_Anonymous_Hacker GBAtemp's Openly ABDL 1337 HAX0R

United States
    To add on to what @BaamAlex said, SaveMii also works with Wii/vWii saves.

ReBirFh and BaamAlex like this.
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    you'll probably have to create a save on the emulators before you can inject your actual saves. the reason I say that is they need to be indexed. afaik, system config tool is the only app that will copy over the indexed information including artwork. still won't be indexed if you copy it over, but making a new save is easy as anyone knows. :)

ReBirFh likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye *is birb*

Norway
    And if you are using CBHC and you delete the account it actually bricks the console. So don't do that :P
    I suggest formatting the console once you are done backing everything up. Make sure you uninstall CBHC first if you have it. Savegame Manager GX can also backup Miis from vWii.

ReBirFh likes this.
  6. BaamAlex

BaamAlex S̶̥͝l̷̹̀͗e̶̼̖̩̅͊e̷̛̦͉̦p̷̘͌͝i̵͇̠̞̿̌n̷̰͚͌̓͝g̷̦̲̍̆͝

Germany
    Oh yes. Sorry. My bad. You're right. It definitely bricks the console. The normal haxchi doesn't brick the console ;)

ReBirFh likes this.
  7. ReBirFh

Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks guys and gals!! I kinda want to leave it unlocked for the new owner. If I dont give my password, can they retrieve it somehow or do something bad? Wii U hack was the one that uses a legit DS game (Brain Age).

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    unfortunately, there's no way to delete tickets aside from manually deleting them. they'll remain even after formatting. games won't but tickets will. it's just like the 3ds.

9. ReBirFh

Newcomer

Brazil
    Just to update. Savemii did save me, I was able to recover every save from my WiiU and Wii. I haven't tested the WiiU ones but all my Wii saves are working, I will finally be able to start Metroid Prime 3 and finish the trilogy (had a 100% save on Metroid Prime 1 and 2).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - selling, modded,