Hacking Question What to do in EmuMMC regarding profiles?

DominoBright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the "bright" idea to format the EmuMMCs after creating them to start them fresh (I'm using two SD cards for different purposes) but this has caused a number of installed games to request a linked account, such as the DLC section of Blaster Master Zero. I've read that there's something I can use to get a linked account, and backing up and restoring saves isn't a problem. Alternatively, I can redo the process of copying SYSNAND to the cards and get the NSPs again, with a linked account ready to go (of course I won't go online with it, just saying). Or maybe there's some other way to deal with it that I don't know about.

What does GBAtemp think?

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the "bright" idea to format the EmuMMCs after creating them to start them fresh (I'm using two SD cards for different purposes) but this has caused a number of installed games to request a linked account, such as the DLC section of Blaster Master Zero. I've read that there's something I can use to get a linked account, and backing up and restoring saves isn't a problem. Alternatively, I can redo the process of copying SYSNAND to the cards and get the NSPs again, with a linked account ready to go (of course I won't go online with it, just saying). Or maybe there's some other way to deal with it that I don't know about.

What does GBAtemp think?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/kefir-updater.539086/

This program has the ability to add a linked account to modded switch, but BACKUP your game saves first, as this program will also delete any other accounts on the console. Then restore the saves on the new linked profile with Checkpoint

Reactions: DominoBright

DominoBright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Blaster Master Zero's DLC menu was a link to the eShop. Shows how little I know about that menu huh? :P

That aside, thanks for the link Mike!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...