Not open for further replies.

javipro_04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've finished hacking my 3DS and I only know how to install CIAs (from hShop) to play them.

As I originally did this in order to play Pokémon, and I have no clue on how to install the GBA (I read something about SNES?), DS and 3Ds games, could someone give me a step by step guide of this? Also if I want to trade, CFW will allow me to do so in every gen right? (or the gen3 don't? cause I read something about save files editing).

Thanks.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/
  • Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, ISO and CIA files in absolutely any way on our forum including PM (private message).
  • We do not condone piracy in any way.
  • Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/
  • Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, ISO and CIA files in absolutely any way on our forum including PM (private message).
  • We do not condone piracy in any way.
  • Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.
unhelpful response

Reactions: Tri-Z

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the original Post, think, write again.
Looks like they are just asking how to install 3ds, ds, and gba games and not looking for them. And then to trade pokemon as if it will work the same on cfw as if had stock system. I only read it once though and didn’t think. Ur response is just scaring off someone who needs help. It’s intimidating when ur new and someone responds that when it wasn’t necessary.
Post automatically merged:

I've finished hacking my 3DS and I only know how to install CIAs (from hShop) to play them.

As I originally did this in order to play Pokémon, and I have no clue on how to install the GBA (I read something about SNES?), DS and 3Ds games, could someone give me a step by step guide of this? Also if I want to trade, CFW will allow me to do so in every gen right? (or the gen3 don't? cause I read something about save files editing).

Thanks.
I believe there’s program called new super ultimate injector that can convert ur roms to .cia format to install on 3ds. And for ds game twilight menu I believe is app u will need.
Just google convert gba to cia for 3ds or snes to cia for 3ds and u should get some info if the other I provided doesn’t pan out.

Last edited by Tri-Z,
Reactions: Latiodile

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Read the original Post, think, write again.
no matter how many times i re-read op i don't see where he was asking for pirated content, can you point out what part of it was asking for download links to copyrighted files?

all i see is someone asking for help on what to do with their newly hacked 3ds and for tutorials on how to actually use/install homebrew

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks like they are just asking how to install 3ds, ds, and gba games and not looking for them. And then to trade pokemon as if it will work the same on cfw as if had stock system.
I agree with that, but iam not a friend of his first sentence that implies piracy as he is going to get his stuff from there and other sources. And maybe asks for sources for getting the other generation games.
And we are generally not allowed to provide such information.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with that, but iam not a friend of his first sentence that implies piracy as he is going to get his stuff from there and other sources. And maybe asks for sources for getting the other generation games.

And we are generally not allowed to provide such information.
He never implied any of that. He/she may own all those games from in the past and just wants to transfer them to play on the 3ds. Help them learn instead of a bully reply that moderators can handle if they seem fit. Everyone needs to start somewhere. Ur type of reply shuts users down and may lead to them not asking for help and isn’t that what this forum is for?
Installing cias from the hombrew shop could mean installing hombrew cias you know like games the hombrew community creates. Or was it the Pokémon GBA game the user wants to install. I wouldn’t sweat that they don’t own that 20 year old gba game if so cause they prob just want to play it on more modern console just as I would.

Last edited by Tri-Z,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Tri-Z How the Hell.... You should first have to understand the difference what the homebrew store (Unistore) is and what the *shop is.
And by the way, he mentioned he did CFW his 3DS to play Pokemone, does playing Pokemone require CFW? For sure not.

And yes if he own the gba, snes game or of another generation he can play them with a Emulator provided via the 3DS Unistore or can inject it with Ultimate Injector 3DS to run them directly from the 3DS menu like a normal game.
If its a DS game he can use Twilightmenu++ which also comes with some emulators e.g gbarunner2. And gba games can also be played by using Open_gba_firm to play them nativ on the 3DS. For differences of the types to run a game can be checked here.

Last edited by Sypherone,

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Tri-Z How the Hell.... You should first have to understand the difference what the homebrew store (Unistore) is and what the hshop is.
And by the way, he mentioned he did CFW his 3DS to play Pokemone, does playing Pokemone require CFW? For sure not.
there are numerous posts on this site of people posting the same as OP and i have to agree with other members you didn't have to post what you did in your first post in this thread, OP didn't ask for any links or post any links either. look at the switch section of this forum where users talk about tinfoil and shops, they never get warnings or bans. in your first post re-read the last part of the final sentence where it says "The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY." which is what OP is doing, maybe you should go back and reread the rules again.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@sudeki300 You need first to understand the difference between a titlemanager and a illegal source that provides pirated content. We also talk about USB-Helper, Nuspli, GC/Wii Backup Manager. And as you dont know what your talking about in the 3DS Section, stay in your Switch section.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tri-Z How the Hell.... You should first have to understand the difference what the homebrew store (Unistore) is and what the *shop is.

And yes if he own the gba, snes game or of another generation he can play them with a Emulator provided via the 3DS Unistore or can inject it with Ultimate Injector 3DS to run them directly from the 3DS menu like a normal game.
If its a DS game he can use Twilightmenu++ which also comes with some emulators e.g gbarunner2. And gba games can also be used the Open_gba_firm.
For differences of the types to run a game can be checked here.
There’s no free shop anymore ur living in the past so if that’s what ur *shop was referencing to I doubt a user who doesn’t know how to convert older gen roms to play on 3ds would even know about that especially because it was killed b4 their time here. And user was clearly talking bout fbi from the hombrew launcher. Ur whole 3 years as a member u could have easily figured that out. Or u could have just posted what u did in the second half of ur post and actually helped them.

• Haha
Reactions: Sypherone

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There’s no free shop anymore ur living in the past so if that’s what ur *shop was referencing to I doubt a user who doesn’t know how to convert older gen roms to play on 3ds would even know about that especially because it was killed b4 their time here. And user was clearly talking bout fbi from the hombrew launcher. Ur whole 3 years as a member u could have easily figured that out. Or u could have just posted what u did in the second half of ur post and actually helped them.
im guessing you dont know what hshop is then? It seems to be the newest way of people getting a hold of things. freeshop has been known to be long and dead yes.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hShop is used to get pirated games, freeShop did the same but it relied on Nintendo's old CDN servers. The creator of freeShop was supposedly arrested but correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: Sypherone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: