Hacking What to do after using Funkii-UI?

The_Dragon_Reborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Sorry to be a noob. My I have 3 daughters, 2 of which younger, and they are really good at destroying discs. So I began the search for information on running by backups off external HDD. The problem is the scene is littered with wrong or outdated information, I have spent 2 days searching for the most recent way to configure this. So far I have gotten Funkii-UI up on Windows 10, grabbed a few games of which my discs now have read errors on. Here is where I began to find too much mis-information. What do I do with the files from NUS? I can not find much except a little on a dycrypting, nothing solid. So I tried to take a look at Uwizard, not much luck.

For TL,DR

1. What program is used to decrypt after using Funkii-UI?
2. Is Funkii-UI what I should be using?
3. What USB Loader should I be using? -I did find a nice chart on this, but some features I did not understand, because of being stuck at Funkii-UI.
4. Where can I get a tutorial that is relatively recent that will take me from decryption to playing from USB?

Hats off to all who have put in work to make this all possible.

DR

Edit: To begin answering my own questions, Put the iso right on a FAT32 formatted USB,use USB Loader GX to load them...Wii Backup Manager webpage throws a javascript hijacker popup at me.

Last edited by The_Dragon_Reborn,

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi,

Sorry to be a noob. My I have 3 daughters, 2 of which younger, and they are really good at destroying discs. So I began the search for information on running by backups off external HDD. The problem is the scene is littered with wrong or outdated information, I have spent 2 days searching for the most recent way to configure this. So far I have gotten Funkii-UI up on Windows 10, grabbed a few games of which my discs now have read errors on. Here is where I began to find too much mis-information. What do I do with the files from NUS? I can not find much except a little on a dycrypting, nothing solid. So I tried to take a look at Uwizard, not much luck.

For TL,DR

1. What program is used to decrypt after using Funkii-UI?
2. Is Funkii-UI what I should be using?
3. What USB Loader should I be using? -I did find a nice chart on this, but some features I did not understand, because of being stuck at Funkii-UI.
4. Where can I get a tutorial that is relatively recent that will take me from decryption to playing from USB?

Hats off to all who have put in work to make this all possible.

DR

Edit: To begin answering my own questions, Put the iso right on a FAT32 formatted USB,use USB Loader GX to load them...Wii Backup Manager webpage throws a javascript hijacker popup at me.
Only a few clarifications. FunKii-UI is for Wii U. USB Loader GX is for Wii.

FunKii-UI is a PC program for downloading encrypted digital games for Wii U, including WiiVC games (for Wii U as well). These don't work on Wii, or in Wii mode on Wii U (a.k.a. vWii). You must install the downloaded files in the memory of the console or on an USB external disk formatted in proprietary Wii U format, using a homebrew application such as WUP Installer GX2. Once installed, games can be run directly from the Wii U Menu, without the need for a loader. Depending on the type of game installed (eshop, out-of-region, dlc included) you may require previous activation of a custom firmware (a.k.a. CFW) to be loaded.

USB Loader GX, on the other hand, is a homebrew application that is used primarily to load backup copies of Wii game discs on the Wii console (or vWii on the Wii U console). You must previously install the games in wbfs format on an USB external disk formatted in FAT32 format, using the Wii Backup Manager PC program.

Reactions: bomigoton

The_Dragon_Reborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You for the reply. I have the Wii, modded it long ago and i always had discs. I am trying to move to HDD, i have an extra 4tb, and i think it will be easier for the kiddos to not have to switch discs. Also i would to try this Cemu out after i get the Wii working on ext hdd.

Reactions: gburgue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto