Hacking What to buy?

Anhiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am a bit confused about the different types of slot 1 cards and was wondering if I could get some help in deciding which card to buy. I have a DS lite, and I'm looking for a well built card, that has generally good firmware support, and essentially drag and drop support(I am not sure if this is possible though).

I'm also looking for a slot 2 card to be able to play GBA games, and was wondering if I am stuck with onboard memory type cards or is there a slot 2 card that supports using micro SD memory?

In addition, I'm not aware if Slot 2 (and in that case, slot 1) cards support playing SNES games, is it possible? Also, is there any support for other types of game systems?

Lastly, in your experience, what is generally the best place to order these thing? I frequently order from dealextreme.com for many different things, and generally it's hit or miss, but with a very reasonable price. I live in the USA.

I appreciate any help given.

Thank You

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're looking for a cheap card that does the job well, I'd recommend the Acekard 2.1. If you're not planning on getting a DSi anytime soon, that one would work fine. As far as slot-2 cards go, you could get a 3in1. Even though it requires a DSi with a compatible slot-1 cart (an AK2 with AKAIO is compatible natively), it works fine. If you really wanted one with SD support, you could go for an ez-flash IV, but you'd need a miniSD adapter or miniSD card to use it. Really, I'd just recommend the 3in1.

As far as where to buy them, if you don't mind waiting awhile, you could get them from dealextreme.com. It takes awhile to ship things from there, but they're reliable and really cheap. You could also look at the list of official retailers for GBATemp if you wanted to get one faster.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think the EZ IV is the best choice for you if you really want external memory. It has great GBA-rom compatibility, never found a game that didn't work.
It also has RAM in it, and that helps with some homebrew and emulators, like the SNES one.

The slot1 or 2 cards don't support it from the start, but you can run SNES games via emulators. Don't expect too much of it though, it's far from perfect.
You can run NES games and Gameboy (Color) games perfectly though, the emulators work perfect for those.

If you buy the EZ 3in1 card (slot 2), you can run the GBA games of your microSD memory that is in your slot 1 card. So that way you still have microSD memory, just not from your slot 2 card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.