Hacking What speed is the best to burn at?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The slower the better I think.
I have burned several games at 4x, never had a bad burn.

And use IMGBurn
smile.gif

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
On a modern burner (anything made in the past 3yrs or so) around the rated speed.

A 16x disc should be burned at 8-16x depending on the quality of disc and quality of burner.

On a TY or Verbatim MCC disc with a pioneer burner 8x or 12x will give excellent results. On lesser discs (ritek, cmc etc) then it is best to burn at around 8x.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
..... and the most mis-informed topic as well.

On the original loader burn speeds were suggested to be slowert for best results.

On the new loader it seems that you should use the max burn speed of the disc or up to what your brive can handle , so leave the burn on max

Whats more important is the discs themselves - cheao discs dont work well and give disc errors ,

DVD-R are more reliable than DVD+R in general and no messing about with anything in the burner options..

In short for beta 03. loader - use DVD-r , burn at max. and look this up before posting about something thats already been discussed

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Ritek G05 Ice, are superb like, i only use them, for Iso's, data dvds etc, never ever had problems, only ever burn at 8x speed.
G05 are some of the worst discs made in the past 10years.

They were well regarded at first (they were very compatible with lots of older drives that had trouble reading other discs) but once the signs of degradation started showing people realised just how bad they are.

G04 were fantastic budget discs (although they started to degrade too, just not as fast as the g05s), the G05s are awful.

Even before people saw the degradation issues in G05s they were still only regarded a 2nd class media - http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i use verbatim dvd-r, with imgburn, and i burn all my games with 16x, never had a single coaster, and im also doing other pc stuff while burning whether its watching stuff on media player, or surfing the web with multiple tabs open, the wii doesnt like anything beign burned slower than 6x, it damages the laser over time

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
36+ game burns all at 16x with imageburn, not one coaster. about a 50/50 split between 1:1 and decrypted
Various media ranging from hp to memorex to verbatim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: "BULLSHIT ARTIST!!!" lmao. Have to see it to understand.