What song are you currently listening to?

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haha, great stuff, folks, keep it coming.

Speaking of disco, I absolutely love Patrick Cowley:

Synthie Frisco disco inspired by Moroder. A shame that he didn't live to make more records.

Did you know that Ma Baker was inspired by a Dutch disco cover of a Tunesian folk song?

If anyone's interested, I found a great traditional take on the song on my old hard drive:
https://soundcloud.com/user-860765554/sidi-mansur
I don't know the name of the artist, I got it off youtube in 2007 or so and I can't find the video anymore.

The tune of Boney M's Rasputin is also partially based on a folk song, a Turkish/Serbian melody, "Kâtibim":

"Oh! those Turks"

Eartha Kitt's cabaret version is the source for Rasputin, but if you want to hear a more authentic rendition of the song search for "Safiye Ayla - Katibim" on youtube.

I love folk music and random music trivia like that.
I'm sorry, I'm posting too many videos at once. I just can't decide which song to post.

There's too much interesting stuff out there and I'm jumping from one song to another.
It's an Asperger's problem. Okay, I'll stop now, sorry... :blush:

Last edited by Reynardine,

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Dark Side of the Moon" is fantastic, I can't find anything bad to say about that album.

I also like Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" and "Animals".
And the songs "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" and "Chapter 24" from their early psychedelic albums.

Not sure how much influence Alan Parsons had on the sound of DSotM, but I really like his Alan Parsons Project albums with Eric Woolfson. "Tales of Mystery and Imagination", "I Robot" and "The Turn of a Friendly Card" are my favourites.

Most of their later stuff is a bit too kitsch, but this is a standout track for me:

It's Arthur Brown again. This is the original 1976 version, the 1987 remix is a bit of a mess.

Woolfson had a fine singing voice, I love the demo tracks for the early APP albums with him doing lead vocals.

He wrote most of the songs, I wish they'd gotten him to sing on the albums.

Last edited by Reynardine,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
playing.png

Last edited by DjoeN,

Site & Scene News