What size microsd?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by nordini, Jun 19, 2009.

Jun 19, 2009

What size microsd? by nordini at 3:29 PM (654 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. nordini

Newcomer nordini Member

Dec 9, 2008
    United States
    So i just bought my Nintendo DSi yesterday as i had a sudden urge to play DS games again and my old DS (the original model) is all beat up and stuff. Anyways, i decided since i lost most of my games that i should purchase a flashcart to put ROMs on and such.

Me, knowing nothing about DS flashcarts and having never used one before, i searched until i found one that looked the most appealing. I ended up purchasing the Supercard DSONEi from this website dealextreme since it was pretty cheap.

Anyways,the point of my topic is, what size microsd card should i buy for this supercard to store a lot of ROMs on? Is 4GB enough? I think that's the biggest size they have at Target.
  2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    6th Dimention
    unless you love keeping the games inside without removing them
    otherwise, it is more than enough (at least that's for me)
    however, i would advise get 8GB (if possible)
  3. Vincent T

Member Vincent T GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2008
    San Jose, California
    United States
    It's really up to you, if you want to play ROMS, homebrews, etc, then get a bigger size card. But if you buy a 8 GB card, and you lose it, ....
    I have a 2 GB card, it's plenty for me, I have like 15 games on it, but I only play like 5. So I guess, 4 GB to 8 GB would be good.
    You can buy Mirco SD's at newegg.com

Hope this is the information you need, and good luck!
  4. Finishoff

Member Finishoff GBAtemp Fan

Apr 26, 2009
    United States
    I recommend 8 GB, its more then you'll ever need.

I'm completely satisfied. [​IMG]

I have like 75 games loaded onto it with some more space available. Depends if your like me and have a short attention span with games and always constantly switches around.

Buy a microsd base on the compatibility supported if its SDHC support go for a 8GB if not 2GB should be enough and the cheapest.

8GB online should be around $20
    4GB $10
    2GB $5

Buy the microSD cards online its way cheaper.