Android What ROM are you using on your Android?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stock, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.

I accidentally bricked my first android, I know exactly what I did, but I'm never flashing anything ever again... Besides, I managed to make my phone look JUST like how I want it, very nice too! :)
How'd you manage that? :huh:

It was an LG Vortex, and I tried installing the Optimus V CM7 recovery through Rom Manager, since *I thought* they were pretty much the exact phone. The Vortex is the Verizon version of the Optimus V/S/T/C phones. I guess I was wrong.

I was a tester for a Vortex CM7 rom that was being worked on, until I made that dumb mistake. We were successful in making a Vortex CM7 rom with networking for the most part, since nobody even tried to fix the first attempt after they couldn't get networking working... I guess that phone was more underrated than I thought. I actually want CM7 on my Play, but I'm a bit scared, plus, the phone has a Locked bootloader, and you have to unlock it, which cost money unfortunately, to install a CM7 recovery. CM7 is officially released for every Xperia Play model except the Verizon CDMA so I can't even try... How lame...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was an LG Vortex, and I tried installing the Optimus V CM7 recovery through Rom Manager, since *I thought* they were pretty much the exact phone. The Vortex is the Verizon version of the Optimus V/S/T/C phones. I guess I was wrong.

I was a tester for a Vortex CM7 rom that was being worked on, until I made that dumb mistake. We were successful in making a Vortex CM7 rom with networking for the most part, since nobody even tried to fix the first attempt after they couldn't get networking working... I guess that phone was more underrated than I thought. I actually want CM7 on my Play, but I'm a bit scared, plus, the phone has a Locked bootloader, and you have to unlock it, which cost money unfortunately, to install a CM7 recovery. CM7 is officially released for every Xperia Play model except the Verizon CDMA so I can't even try... How lame...

It doesn't cost money to unlock the bootloader of the Xperia Play... http://unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/instructions

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't cost money to unlock the bootloader of the Xperia Play... http://unlockbootloa...om/instructions

I'm using a CDMA model, which is Verizon. The site says it's not possible, but someone at XDA-Developers found out how and is offering to do it remotely at a fee. It seems VERY advanced on his part so I'm not too surprised.

Reactions: 1 person

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!