Votes: 11 5.5%

• Total voters

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't understand how people can work with linux. I have tried OpenOffice / LibreOffice and both are terrible! Also lots of programs only works on Windows
Nothing better than Microsoft Office. I have to say that other Open Source software sometimes is good, but in most cases I prefer paid software.
Not every work that uses computers is heavy on writing docs and sheets.
Also if you did research you will often prepare your papers and articles in LaTeX anyway.
If you do programming for big paid server/client applications it is really probable you will have to work with Linux.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Don't understand how people can work with linux. I have tried OpenOffice / LibreOffice and both are terrible! Also lots of programs only works on Windows
Nothing better than Microsoft Office. I have to say that other Open Source software sometimes is good, but in most cases I prefer paid software.
LibreOffice isn't bad, OpenOffice is garbage though because its outdated and dead. Plus there's something called WINE if you want to run windows applications in linux, and it improves all the time.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Windows 10, but it sucked so hard. My laptop wasn't on the "confirmed compatible list", but the download was available to me anyway. Windows7 is the perfect fit for my Inspiron 15R (N5010).

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been putting off updated to 10 only because of the terrible things i hear from those who have updated

Nah, you guys don't have to worry, just be sure to do a clean install and it'll work great.
Also, registry hacks to turn off the Microsoft spying.
It's not a bad OS, I just prefer Linux.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can never limit myself to one OS. Whether on partitions or in VMs, I have way too many.
I use whichever one suits what I need to do at the time.

D

Deleted User

Android, Windows. I used to use some Linux distributions but I just switched to Windows since it has everything I need.

Android, on other hand is a fun thing. It's useful for me since Android has some apps that are mobile exclusive.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
when the fuck did that happen
A few days ago, I wanted to experiment with my laptop hardware to see if I could run Windows 98 and DOS programs (hint, I can, with some hacking). Only this works very poorly, due to missing compatible drivers. This machine was designed for Windows XP, not something older.

DBHpdrGUwAAUjfZ.jpg:large

Ignore SAFE MODE, I got it functional a bit later in normal means.

I will reinstall Linux Mint later, keeping a partition for another OS, maybe BSD based, just for the fun of it.

D

Deleted User

A few days ago, I wanted to experiment with my laptop hardware to see if I could run Windows 98 and DOS programs (hint, I can, with some hacking). Only this works very poorly, due to missing compatible drivers. This machine was designed for Windows XP, not something older.

DBHpdrGUwAAUjfZ.jpg:large

Ignore SAFE MODE, I got it functional a bit later in normal means.

I will reinstall Linux Mint later, keeping a partition for another OS, maybe BSD based, just for the fun of it.
Windows 95-98 only functions correctly with 256MB of RAM. 512MB max, above just kills it.

Reactions: Quantumcat

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use multiple OSes. My main OS is Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 (Much better than 16.04. That was straight up shit) and I also use Windows 10 64-Bit and Windows Vista 32-Bit (Yes you can make fun of me :P)

D

Deleted User

what's that for b-shit... got it working on my pentium-120 2 gb ram just fine (for about 6 years that is, it's dead now and scrapped).
If it worked for you, it doesn't mean it will work for everyone.
That's why i have RAM sticks laying out. Research before you call shit.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Windows 95-98 only functions correctly with 256MB of RAM. 512MB max, above just kills it.
I know that. it had to be patched to actually run, I would get out of memory errors otherwise.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 10, so I can play Brave Frontier on it. Fuck, Windows 8 which allows the same thing but it can't window app mobile games. However, if I didn't play that game, I'd stick to Windows 7 for as long as I safely could.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended