Android What music player do you use?

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using BlackPlayer for years now and it's the best one I've been able to find. It does everything I need and doesn't have any major problems that I've noticed. I also like the equalizer that only affects the app. My old car had 6x9 speakers that had potential for amazing bass, but it was impossible to take advantage of without an equalizer and I didn't like having one always active. I don't need to use it anymore since I have 3 dedicated subs that provide enough bass without an equalizer, but it has served me very well for 2 years.

lemonmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soundcloud on PC and Android if that counts, couldn't live without it.

I also use BlackPlayer on Android and Foobar2000 on PC.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Poweramp for audio, MX Player for video.
I rarely play music files on Android these days though tbh, I primarily use Spotify, and if not, I stream it from my Plex server with the Plex app (have yet to try the Android version of Plexamp).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pulsar.
Looks kinda similar to the whatever mediaplayer was built into Cyanogenmod which I liked at the time.

Tbf, I don't care to much about phones.
Most of the music I listen to is either on me laptop or in games or on me car's radio.

Small update

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
After careful consideration, watching the video below, and confirming some stuff with @Sono, I think I'm gonna be buying a 2019 iPod Touch. Apparently Apple's ecosystem is pretty good with backups and supporting legacy hardware, so this seems to be the way to go.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
After careful consideration, watching the video below, and confirming some stuff with @Sono, I think I'm gonna be buying a 2019 iPod Touch. Apparently Apple's ecosystem is pretty good with backups and supporting legacy hardware, so this seems to be the way to go.

Honestly, that's also a nice choice and DankPods is really entertaining to watch so win-win.

D

Deleted User

i used to use sony walkman (app), but the app broke on android 10, i could play most recently played and most recently added, but whenever i tried going into albums or folders it outright crashed, now i simply dont listen to music outside of home, if you are on android 6 through 9 i definitely reccomend it though (you cant download it from google play, but the apk is online)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did not expect to find another dankpods fan, im also considering buying an ipod but i want a 5th gen to flashmod and do the extended battery thing

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
FiiO X1-II (X1 gen 2) and I can't say I really recommend it... Even with the latest 1.72 firmware, it's sluggish as fuck to navigate, the EQ settings are "meh", the EQ settings don't do squat for bluetooth headphones, and the battery life is trash. I really wanted to like it, but I just can't recommend it. Now I use a 4th-gen iPod Classic with a 128GB SD card installed, a new battery, and Rockbox with an iPod theme, so it looks stock. The wolfson DAC hits *just* right for all my FLAC files. The EQ settings could be a bit easier to set, but it's good when you tweaked it just right.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
an iPod Mini 2G, excellent UI, low bullshit, perfect shape for my hands and I already have plenty of dock connector accessories from the iPhone days

On android, Eleven (the cyanogenmod 13 one), Sony Walkman, or Musicolet (great and very customizable but clunky UI) in this ranking order

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've been going with Droidsound-E for several years with compatibility to multiple formats for years without looking elsewhere.
This one does everything I need.

There could be UI improvements but all I need is something to read and play files, everything else is needless extras.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Foobar2000. It has built in audio conversion as well. The UI is very basic, but it can do everything.
In ye olden days, I used to run Winamp, nice skins and compatibility.

On linux I used deadbeef, pretty similiar to Foobar2000. The only con is that it has issues with psf/minipsf files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise