What kinda controller should I buy?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Satangel, Oct 30, 2008.

Oct 30, 2008
  1. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Okay, I wanna be able to play all the VC titles that have been released for the N64 and the SNES. The rest isn't really important for me.

I also want to able to play games fluently with the SNES, N64 and PSX emulator for my Wii.
    Which controller should I pick?

And where can I buy it online?

2. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    The classic controller is best for Super NES games because it has the same button layout as the original SNES controller. It's what I use for all of the emus (NES, SNES, Genesis...)

Haven't tried any N64 games yet. Maybe if they ever get a good emu. Right now I just stick to my real N64.

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    get a classic controller as it seems you have no interest to play gamecube games?

4. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Ow, I do, I do, but I never heard about that [​IMG]
    Is that possible with my D2Pro modded Wii?
    And can I burn those GC games on a regular DVD? Can I burn multiple GC ISO's on one DVD?

Anyone tried to play N64 VC games with the Classic Controller? Does it work well?

And do you guys maybe suggest a third party controller, that's usually cheaper (and sometimes even better) [​IMG]

5. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Get a classic controller for the old games (NES, SNES, SMS, Genesis. And even gameboy games too!)
    And a gamecube controller for gamecube games and N64 games. And yes, you can burn to a normal DVD and put multiple games on 1 disc

6. Satangel
    OP

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I will only buy one controller.....
    And no I don't want to play GB games on my freaking TV, I've got a CycloDS and a EZ IV for that [​IMG]

7. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    If you only want one controller, get a gamecube controller. It will work on both GC games and classic games.
    But because of the strange button layout on a normal GC controller, gameplay in some old games may be very clumsy. Mario World for example, is nearly unplayable. Through VC that is. If you use an emulator however, you can remap the buttons.
    Another solution would be to buy this one: http://www.ciao-shopping.nl/ThrustMaster_T...spelpad__887393
    It's a wireless gamecube controller, but with the classic layout. It has a remapping function on the controller itself, so you can remap buttons in both GC and VC games (and in an emulator).
    Or just go for a gamecube controller + classic controller. There's an excellent 3rd party GC controller clone from Big-Ben, it'll only cost you 10 euro. And the classic controller is 20.

8. FaRReR

Member FaRReR GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    gb>cc because gc=cheaper and there are hardly any tbgfx games on shop channel.