Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
OP
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
here's a website where you can see your wpm: https://monkeytype.com/ post the result that you get from doing the test
1633415242418.png

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fwiw this is one of the WPM tests that gives generally much higher scores, the ones that test actual paragraphs of text generally give more accurate results for most typing. On those I typically get between 80 and 90.

My attempt just now of this one is consistent with my previous attempts.

1637200795253.png

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The average is like 40 so all of you are getting skewed results lol
The results of this test are skewed comapred to real world tests, but the average being 40 doesn't mean that most of us here should have around that value. People who spend a lot of time on internet forums and chats and especially those technically competent enough to be on a console hacking forum generally will have higher WPM than the average person.

I don't remember the exact results but last time I did an actually accurate test it peaked around 90-92 (though not consistently, my average would be like 85 or so) and it said I was in the top around 95% or something. That isn't some skill I honed intentionally, it just developed over a life of writing messages on my computer. The same is liikely true for the others here with high scores. Take Chary for example, she writes news posts so often I'm not surprised her score is as high as it is. Even if the unaccuracy of this specific test pushes these peoples results down into the 70-90 range, it still shows the difference it makes when you type a lot.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
OP
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Fwiw this is one of the WPM tests that gives generally much higher scores, the ones that test actual paragraphs of text generally give more accurate results for most typing.
yeah, that seems to make sense
heres the wpm i got on a longer test(for those of you wondering how, press esc, choose quote length, and choose "thicc")
1637207310198.png

i see someone has discovered themes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs