Hardware What is wrong with my PS4

Urataros07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve had my PS4 slim for about 2 years now, but about last summer it was thrown on the floor,part of the Shell came off and i can’t seem to fix it, the biggest issue is the way my console is running the games, about 90% of my games practically run like they’re on the Sonic 06 engine,characters randomly stop and slow down when they’re supposed to run in games like Persona 5,Manhunt,The Kingdom hearts remixes and Ni No Kuni 2, While in games like Akiba’s Beat (PS now) I cant even run the games without them glitching and acting up during overworld gameplay,I can’t pinpoint exactly what’s wrong with my PS4 slim.Another thing to note is when i do load up games,the console makes a whining noise that goes up and down as it loads the game. I am also using a Western Digital Elements as Extended storage

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve had my PS4 slim for about 2 years now, but about last summer it was thrown on the floor,part of the Shell came off and i can’t seem to fix it, the biggest issue is the way my console is running the games, about 90% of my games practically run like they’re on the Sonic 06 engine,characters randomly stop and slow down when they’re supposed to run in games like Persona 5,Manhunt,The Kingdom hearts remixes and Ni No Kuni 2, While in games like Akiba’s Beat (PS now) I cant even run the games without them glitching and acting up during overworld gameplay,I can’t pinpoint exactly what’s wrong with my PS4 slim.Another thing to note is when i do load up games,the console makes a whining noise that goes up and down as it loads the game. I am also using a Western Digital Elements as Extended storage

You thrown it on the floor ?! Not very smart move. I wouldn't thrown expensive things on the floor out of angry. Jeez.

Urataros07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You thrown it on the floor ?! Not very smart move. I wouldn't thrown expensive things on the floor out of angry. Jeez.
I never threw it on the floor,i got into a fight with a family member and they threw it on the floor. My family has a history of breaking shit

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cTyYHXk.png

Last edited by Anunnymous,

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Try to open it and check both the heatsink and the cooler. Maybe they got loose and the PS4 is heating up, hence the slowdown and the whirring noise.

I would assume the board itself and main components are fine.

Do you use discs or purely digital games?

If discs, then the drive is probably fucked up and would need to be replaced. If digital, do you load the games from the internal or the external hard drive? Was the external HDD thrown as well? It could be the HDD is the problem.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard that the slims have trouble with heat dissipation as it is. Natkoden gives a great piece of advice or at least a place to start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple