What is wrong with my AK2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Sinslasher, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010

What is wrong with my AK2i? by Sinslasher at 9:43 PM (1,124 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Sinslasher
    OP

Newcomer Sinslasher Member

United States
    So I recently purchased a DSi XL and my AK2i just arrived today in the mail after ordering it from RealHotStuff. I set up my AceKard 2i according to the sticky here and tried to test out a ROM when I noticed the game won't load. It just says "Processing... do not turn off power" and stays like that. I thought it was a microSD card problem so I formatted another microSD card and no avail. I tried with other games and same thing. My AceKard 2i is already "Danny Phantom'd" as it was pre-flashed by RealHotStuff, so thats not the problem. Anyone got any solutions before I decide to ship it back?

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's normally caused by someone following the guide sticked at the top of the forum. Instead follow my guide. It's been causing issues for every person that follows it as it tells you to use the loaders from AKAIO 1.6RC2 with AKAIO 1.7, and guarentees a non working Acekard.

Also try enabling soft reset/ cheats/ download play, and that doesn't work try disabling them all.

RHS have sent out clones in the past, check you HWID. It should 81, you can do this by going to help in the AKAIO menu.

3. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    If it wont boot.. how can he do that? he siad it will not boot

4. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    That's not what he said.

It's booting, but is giving an error when loading a game. That's because he's using the loaders from AKAIO 1.6RC2 with AKAIO 1.7.

5. Sinslasher
    OP

United States
    AK2i does boot, its just whenever I try to boot a ROM, I get stuck on a "Processing... do not turn off power" bar.

To tk_saturn, I checked the HW and it is indeed 81. I'm going to format my microSD and use your guide. I'll let you know how it works out.

6. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    Sorry, TK.

I miss-read

7. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    No biggie.

It's rare some apologises on here lol.

8. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    I'm sorry that no one apologizes. ^^

9. Sinslasher
    OP

United States
    Hey TK, I followed your guide to step 4 and you haven't mentioned putting in any loaders. The AKAIO 1.7 I downloaded from the link in your guide has no loaders. Will I need to download a loader?

10. Sinslasher
    OP

United States
    Actually, scratch that last post, I decided to test it and it boot up Pokemon Platinum flawlessly! Does the fact that I don't have any loaders installed cause any problems?

11. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    The loaders are already included in the AKAIO archive. There is an updated loader avalible, but I think according to the website it's just a fix for Maple Story
    http://www.akaio.net/loaders/

12. Sinslasher
    OP

United States
    Ok, thanks so much! You really saved me from going to the trouble of shipping it, thanks! I don't know how to +rep here but thanks a lot! You should really get your guide stickied as the current stickied guide sucks. Thanks so much man!

13. h0ser81

Member h0ser81 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just keep following the guide. The loaders are included in the AKAIO files linked to in the article. And you can update the loader once you have AKAIO up and running properly anyway.