What is their problem?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Inunah, Jan 28, 2010.

Jan 28, 2010

What is their problem? by Inunah at 12:11 AM (1,837 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Bad. Bad Nintendo. You're not supposed to release games with DSi Enhancements tucked away in such a small corner of code that there isn't any gameplay that uses DSi enhancements.

Also, WTF with all these DSi enhanced games that do NOT need the DSi Enhancements?

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    It's just a way to market to a DSi based crowd, getting people to buy DSi's and buy these games. It's marketing for ya.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I suppose it's because they still want to sell a lot of DS lites, so there won't be many DSi-only games for another year or so.

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    True, there's still lots of DS Lites being sold nowadays, so they won't make lots of DSi (Enhanced) games yet. Wait till next year.

5. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    Dsi is just a fail system, and Ninty just needed to put out some games with these so called enhancements so that the dsi buyers didnt feel like out and cheated.

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I keep hearing people say this, but I have yet to see a single DSi owner say that they wish they'd got a DS Lite instead. I personally haven't used a DSi yet, but I do plan to get an XL at some point.

7. outgum

New Zealand
    One of my friends had a Dsi, and he dropped it on his desk not even from a great height and the camera stopped working, not to mention the camera was a crap quality.
    he now has a Ds lite, which i told him to get in the first place cause Dsi is a FAIL SYSTEM [​IMG]

8. Ubuntuの刀

Member Ubuntuの刀 :^D

United States
    lol the camera broke? thats a FAIL for nintendo. But, That's kinda why there's a cover that protects the DSi from falls like that. It's called the "Nerf" Cover that is heavy duty i think.

9. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I call bullshit.

I have a DSi. I've dropped my DSi from several places. The only thing that happened is the 'R' button stopped working which was repaired for free by Nintendo. Why would your friend purchase an obviously inferior system? Unless he is in a dire need for GBA games, it's dumb to choose a DS Lite over a DSi if money was no problem.

10. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    And now that you've said that, I still have yet to hear a single DSi owner say that they wish they'd bought a DS Lite instead.

11. Ubuntuの刀

Member Ubuntuの刀 :^D

United States
    wth? lol you guys are mean to each other. first off i HATE THE DSi IN NEW DEVELOPMENT! I'd Wait a year or so to buy.

12. outgum

New Zealand
    Not bullshit.
    Explain why the camera stopped working then? its not bullshit.
    If you have dropped yours several times and its not broken, maybe the possible solution to my friends DSi is that it may have been put together faulty perhaps? But that doesnt change the fact that the camera stopped working, In YOUR defence, he didnt bother to send it in for repair, so it could of been fixed, but he didnt want the DSi anymore

13. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I love my DSis. While I do use my DS Lites more often, for GBA games, I think the DSi was a great improvement.

And the only problem I've ever had with any DS is one of my DS Lites with the damn broken hinge.

14. soulx

Canada
    I didn't call bullshit because the camera stopped working. I called bullshit because you used that as a reason that the "DSi is FAIL". Horrible reason. Like I said, if he already had a DSi, why the heck would he purchase a DS Lite? Just send it in for repair.

The DS Lite is inferior to the DSi. [/end]

15. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    You're an idiot, if something stops working/gets damaged because of something I did, it means it fails! Not like I suck at not dropping things are anything, or that impacts can actually damage things! Just means the object sucks!

I dropped my open can of coke the other day and it landed on its side and all the coke poured out! Coca Cola is FAIL!

16. soulx

Canada
    [​IMG]

Just because something is broken, it doesn't mean the device fails (overall). If I break an iPhone (just an example) does it mean that the iPhone fails as a device. I'm sure outgum was implying that the DSi fails (is bad) as a system because of that. Unless you're talking about the dictionary definition of it. Then you're completely right.

17. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    He was being sarcastic.

18. outgum

New Zealand
    Law makes me lol, I came into this thread again seeing law posted and i expected to be completely trolled and owned, but it was full of lolz so thats not so bad. COCA COLA IS FAIL!
    He CBF'ed sending it in to get repaired so he gave it to a friend and got himself a Dsl, Maybe he gave it to his brother, i cant remember

But no, fair enough Law, i see your point, and i have nothing further more to say on that.

[Edit] I guess i did mean fail as in bad, cause i rushed in assuming the console itself broke too easy, meaning fail/bad construction of it, but obviously this isnt the same as EVERY dsi, Kinda like that first impression like thing, thats the one that gets stuck in your head the most kinda thing?

19. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    The 360 would disagree with that. The 54% failure rate is a part of why that system fails. But the thing is, for the 360, it breaks on his own, you don't even need to touch it and you will get a RRoD eventually.

As for DS Lite or DSi, I think the DSi is actually better. If you complain about the fact it has no GBA slot, then you're an idiot, you should have kept a spare DS Lite or a spare gameboy advance (like I did, I have a DS Lite and DSi).

DSi graphics are a "little" smoother. Also, I have yet to see someone break the camera. Hell, I dropped my DSi a few dozen times already and it has no scratch. I am sure I could forget it in my pocket and put it in my laundry and it would still work.

20. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    WTF, Nintendo is going to charge me $65 to get my 'R' button fixed. [​IMG]