Hardware what is the problem with micro sd ,constant write protect issues

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have just about had with this fucking piece of shit technology
every card i have has constant fucking problems i have tried 3 different computers all with different windows versions ( 7, 8.1 ,10) and 4 different sd card readers (one USB and 3 built in SD card readers)
and about 20 different micro sd to sd adapters i get the same fucking problems every single fucking time "disk is write protected"
happens to all my cards on all my computers ,this randomly all the fucking time and it happens more and more lately
i have to eject the card 100 fucking times before i can write to it and try 20 different adapters
the switch is not in the write protect position when i use the adapters and the USB has no write protect switch
and it happens no matter what computer or reader i use does anyone know what the issue is is this a windows issue
or is it something to do physically with the card , how does the write protect work on micro sd?
how does the computer determine the write protect settings
like is there a magnet inside the reader that changes it or something
i have constant issues with not being able to write to these pieces of shit it doesn't matter which brand i get it with samsung sandisk kingston etc they all suck and i can never fucking write to them

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a better microsd -> usb adapter. That solved all my issues (when the issue was not the card itself).
i trues 4 of them they all have the same problems, so i think the problem is with the technology itself
i ALWAYS run into these issues either that or it is a problem with windows ,all versions of it
happens randomly but has been happening more and more
after 200 tries with trying different computers different adapters , different readers it sometimes works
but today i been trying all day to write this fucking card so i can delete stuff and install mario all stars
after 50 tries it still says write protected and i can't delete from it
this card was just worked a few days ago with this PC and this adapter
but i have already had these issues before with this same card recently there is just no rhyme or reason to it it's a just a total fucking crap shoot
but lately it has been like 600 tries before it works
this card is 400gb sanisk but i have these problems all the time no matter what size , the write protect just does not work , micro sd is a shit technology
the sd card foundation needs to get its shit together, i think all these current cards should be recalled and replaced they are all defective
they always have this issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans