Hacking What is the cheapest + most compatible flashcart around

robman62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at DX and say the acekard 2 really cheap and was just wondering which is the best, cheapest(under 15 probably), most compatable(wii, and newer games) kart out there. I love my r4 but I got it sooo long ago and it is no longer the best(only) kart around.

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want Wii connectivity (Pokemon etc) then your only option is to go with CycloDS - thats the only cart on the market currently which can fully support Wii connectivity

dfgged

Bridges
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want something cheap with good support then get an iTouchDS. This also has Sakura support. But if you want something really good get an M3 DS Real. They can be a bit expensive.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDGE is probably best with you. (Especially if you want DS-Wii compatibility, because the EDGE is one of the few carts that supports Wii-DS linking)

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, EDGE does not support Pokemon Wii connectivity - I have an EDGE and can confirm that it does not work. Cyclo is the only device you can buy now which has this feature.. G6 is no longer manufactured or even really supported.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
robman62 said:
I was looking at DX and say the acekard 2 really cheap and was just wondering which is the best, cheapest(under 15 probably), most compatable(wii, and newer games) kart out there. I love my r4 but I got it sooo long ago and it is no longer the best(only) kart around.

I have an EDGE card which is basically a mini version of the cycloDS and a fraction of the price too however if you want full wii connectivity the cylcoDS is the only way to go but I hear that is still pricy (around $50, Ialso seen at around £50 which is like $70)

I got my EDGE from dealextreme but it seems they are having problems trying to stock it at the moment.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
robman62 said:

You shouldn't go for cheap. You should go for software support. The AceKards, SuperCards, and EZFlashes are all still supported. The company with the BEST support is TeamCyclops and the CycloDS Evolution. They have an english support board that listens to user suggestions.

You've already had to replace one card. Why not replace it with something head-and-shoulders above the rest? Yes, you'll pay more. But it is better (features, compatibility, and ease-of-use) than the R4, M3 Real, EZ5, and the DSX.

Besides... What else are you spending your money on? Games?
tongue.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
The cheapest decent flashcart would happen to be the AK2 which is one of the best flascarts, but if you want something with Wii compatibility you are forced to go with the most expensive flashcart on the market and one of the best is the CycloDS. Though no one really uses Wii - DS connectivity because there is pretty much only one game that uses it. Another cart that is good all round and one of the best (and my favourite) is the M3 Real.

IBNobody said:
You've already had to replace one card. Why not replace it with something head-and-shoulders above the rest? Yes, you'll pay more. But it is better (features, compatibility, and ease-of-use) than the R4, M3 Real, EZ5, and the DSX.
Ok seriously, what the hell. Why are you listing the M3 Real with the R4, EZ5 and DS-X (No offence p1ngy). M3 Real has the same features as the CycloDS, easy to use with Touchpod, iTouch and mostly the Sakura firmware (which is one of the best GUI's) and is compatible with everything if not more than the CycloDS and also is cheaper. Most people who need support come to GBAtemp anyway.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
IBNobody said:
Ok seriously, what the hell. Why are you listing the M3 Real with the R4, EZ5 and DS-X (No offence p1ngy). M3 Real has the same features as the CycloDS, easy to use with Touchpod, iTouch and mostly the Sakura firmware (which is one of the best GUI's) and is compatible with everything if not more than the CycloDS and also is cheaper. Most people who need support come to GBAtemp anyway.

I bought an M3 Real for my nephew. I admit it was before Sakura came out. I was not impressed with the file system or the overall durability of the cart. I don't know how the file system was improved, but the build quality could not be fixed by a firmware patch.

By support, I mean an English based board where you can suggest improvements to the developers. They run beta firmwares all the time, and they are on the cutting edge of new firmware features, like the battery saver. (Sakura just got RTS). Finally, TC improved the CycloDS's in-game text reader based on what suggestions were put forth.

Speedy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyclods evolution and G6 are only carts with wii connectivity.G6's are not even manufactured any more.If money was no object then cyclo is really the only one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong