what is the "best" wii u ftp server?

unconsoleable

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if “best” even exists. ftpd is my jam on 3ds, but it would appear i have more options, and maybe even some even that stay on all the time (in the background) on wii u?

(i posted this on r/wiiuhacks, but, it's kind of a ghost town over there, i'm learning.)

unconsoleable

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first—thank you!

second—any idea how to install it? i'm familiar enough with github to grab the release (i assume it's the first zip), but i'm baby-spankin'-new to wii u, and don't know what filetypes/extensions to look for, locations, etc.

i check for instructions on @Laf111's github—but they're all usage instructions, not installation (or, i'm blind).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you use the hbl version, just put that in wiiu/apps , then launch it from the homebrew launcher. if you want the channel version, put it in install on the root of your sd card and install with wup installer. I use the channel version mostly, but the bad thing about that is that you need to uninstall it, then install the latest version whenever there's an update as it's just a base game, without a game-like update.

Trophies
XP
brilliant! just what i needed.

in 3ds terms, hbl = .3dsx, and channel = .cia?
Basically yes, HBL on Wii U has 2 formats to look for, .ELF and .RPX as they're the main executables used via HBL. For WUP Installer, being Channel apps it's usally shown as .app and .h3 files all in one folder, that can then be used to install it via WUP Installer as @godreborn stated

Reactions: godreborn
Trophies
XP
Think it's encryption. Elf is not encrypted, but I think rpx is. It's the main executable of the wiiu.
It actually really depends, take Xpl0itU's apps for instance, taking a ELF app and porting it to RPX can be considered a WUT port. With RPX a few doors are opened that werent with ELF, for example you can optimize better, it can be faster.. Etc. I'm not the best person to ask to list all the differences, but it's more than an encryption type,

unconsoleable

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would someone want to encrypt for homebrew channel?

ALSO—is there a number of "channels"-on-home-screen limit for wii u like there is 3ds? i don't want to use up one of those slots for ftp, if so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-