What is the best option?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zigrmx, May 12, 2011.

1. zigrmx
    OP

zigrmx Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2011
    United States
    Currently I have a wii with 3.4 and HBC 1.0.8 installed. It is already modded with a wiikey2, however I noticed that playing dual layer back ups have tons of problems. I have tried different kinds of media, but still encountered dirty disc errors and game stutters.

I have been looking into usb loaders, but I am not certain as to what cIOS (or set of them) to install. I was thinking of just using the cIOS installer Xr21 from waninkoko, but I was reading a few of the comments about controllers not working when others were trying to use it, and I was looking at the hermes installer 5.1, but that was saying I need to have the trucha patched IOS to install, but I am not sure I have that. I thought that the Xr21 install might have had that already, and then just install one right after the other, but I would like some guidance before I make any changes with the IOSs.

There also seems to be an overwhelming amount of choice when it comes to installing cIOSs, so I would like to make the best choice for my set up.

Thanks in advance.

2. Ryoku83

Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2011
    Canada
    Rehack your wii with modmii it will download all the latest versions of the best cios' available. you can read about modmii and download it from here: Modmii

Its your best bet. Simple to use and it will generate an easy guide for you to follow on how to install all the homebrew software/cIOS' easily and as safe as possable.