What is the best controller for the NES Mini now that hakchi2 basically play all games?

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know hakchi2 allows you to play games from Gensis, SNES, N64, basically everything, still amazes me. What is the best controller/method/combo to use to play all these different games? Do I need multiple controllers, one for each console LOL?

Right now I have 2 OEM Controllers from the NES Classic boxes themselves. Obviously, I can't use that controller for games besides NES? All Gen/SNES games where impossible to play when I tried. Castlevania Bloodlines, all I could was jump (unless I have to map the buttons or something?).

I was wondering if using my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and just buying a 8Bitdo Retro Receiver http://i.imgur.com/1G5HdNN.jpg would be my best option, to play NES, Sega Gen, SNES, PS1, N64, etc.?

Or would simply buying a Wii Pro Classic Controller be better as that seems like many people's goto controller? Whatever route I go I'm in need of 2 controllers, 1 for myself and 1 for my son.

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Classic Controller Pro LAGS on D-Pad if you don't press them hard.

So what controller is recommended? I have the Wii U Pro Controller and Switch Pro Controller. I also have 2 OEM NES Mini Controllers. I need something that can handle all the games, Sega, N64, SNES, etc.

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm going to try one off several wii remote to gamecube converters tonight. I'll keep you updated on my experience.

I've tried my playasia gamecube to wiimote converter, no luck with the normal drivers.
The other converters doesn't fit in the Mini because they should be attached on the bottom of the wiimote.
The playasia one first have a cord that goes to the converter, so that's the only one that would fit.
I have tried a few clovercon modules, too bad that none of them worked with the playasia converter.

Last edited by koffieleut,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps