What is the best controller for the NES Mini now that hakchi2 basically play all games?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by budmonster, Apr 10, 2017.

1. budmonster
    OP

budmonster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I know hakchi2 allows you to play games from Gensis, SNES, N64, basically everything, still amazes me. What is the best controller/method/combo to use to play all these different games? Do I need multiple controllers, one for each console LOL?

Right now I have 2 OEM Controllers from the NES Classic boxes themselves. Obviously, I can't use that controller for games besides NES? All Gen/SNES games where impossible to play when I tried. Castlevania Bloodlines, all I could was jump (unless I have to map the buttons or something?).

I was wondering if using my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and just buying a 8Bitdo Retro Receiver http://i.imgur.com/1G5HdNN.jpg would be my best option, to play NES, Sega Gen, SNES, PS1, N64, etc.?

Or would simply buying a Wii Pro Classic Controller be better as that seems like many people's goto controller? Whatever route I go I'm in need of 2 controllers, 1 for myself and 1 for my son.

2. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Wii Classic Controller Pro LAGS on D-Pad if you don't press them hard.

3. budmonster
    OP

budmonster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    So what controller is recommended? I have the Wii U Pro Controller and Switch Pro Controller. I also have 2 OEM NES Mini Controllers. I need something that can handle all the games, Sega, N64, SNES, etc.

4. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    I'm going to try one off several wii remote to gamecube converters tonight. I'll keep you updated on my experience.

I've tried my playasia gamecube to wiimote converter, no luck with the normal drivers.
    The other converters doesn't fit in the Mini because they should be attached on the bottom of the wiimote.
    The playasia one first have a cord that goes to the converter, so that's the only one that would fit.
    I have tried a few clovercon modules, too bad that none of them worked with the playasia converter.

Last edited by koffieleut, Apr 25, 2017