• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What is "peaceful" protesting?

Louse

go play rez
Trophies
Website
www.h.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes i absolutely rejected op eds from someone who worked at nat geo once you are 100% right.

Look it would really be alot easier for you to see the part where i admit that im wrong about everything in my life and that person is right and then we can have a grown up conversation, i really have no interest in who freed or helped who, im wrong, thats wonderful, lets all be mature and get back on track.
Clearly you have missed the point. You should educate yourself before you argue your point.
If you have no interest in learning what is true and what is false, you can not truly fathom what is just.

Reactions: Xzi

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly you have missed the point. You should educate yourself before you argue your point.
If you have no interest in learning what is true and what is false, you can not truly fathom what is just.

No no i understood what they were trying to say but its like that person said, i have to take it on faith, faith is useless to me. Did you know dark energy was recently proven wrong? it turned out the people who published theories on it got a little ahead of themselves! how weird is that.

The point im trying to make is, i dont care if someone wrote a book about it that once again does not make it true. All i asked was for someone to point to a historical journal? or similar prospect from someone with a reputation, i really dont want to go down this rabbit hole here and get off topic. It's easier to agree and appease them so we can have an actual conversation.

if its all the same to you, id like to skip the part where i have to drop the mic and everyone starts frantically saying that just because this person was wrong doesnt mean mine is wrong and get to the actual point. we have a problem in this country, if they wanna sit around and bitch about it great, there are more productive means of getting what we want, however the narrative generally doesnt allow discussion on it.

Last edited by lolcatzuru,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it affect anyone present? Whether something is peaceful or not comes down to whether there was conflict, you can't have one sided conflict.

How about you just answer the question with a simple answer, instead of with another question? Thanks.

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A planned gathering that wasn't forced if the public forbid the gathering at that time. Shouldn't hold one mind of thought, but procure alternative thoughts on the matter at hand. Be intellectuals bring some food cheese and crackers a hive mind that groups up on a individual for their thoughts is threatening Rational thinking doesn't exist when the only words you think and say are the ones you repeat. Be individuals discuss with other individually like 2 bros at a bar, but now imagine it like speed dating with a bunch of other individuals. If you truly believe in something you should be able to defend why you believe something individually. Getting upset and whining like a bitch because others don't agree with you means you lack evidence and reasoning. A protest should create awareness threats, destruction of property, inhumane acts against your fellow man is terrorism burning your flag unless you live in like germany it's terrorism. And any group that exists outside of your nation that's funded by foreign nations to impose their views on your nation is terroristic regardless of how they refer to themselves ex: blm.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
And any group that exists outside of your nation that's funded by foreign nations to impose their views on your nation is terroristic regardless of how they refer to themselves ex: blm.
I don't really want to get into a debate but by this logic do you consider the US military to be a terrorist organization? Do you consider Capitalist imperialist organizations like the IMF or World Bank to be terrorists? Why or why not?

I know I do

Last edited by Seliph,

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really want to get into a debate but by this logic do you consider the US military to be a terrorist organization? Do you consider Capitalist imperialist organizations like the IMF or World Bank to be terrorists? Why or why not?

I know I do
For Military no, Their existence is to serve to protect. They don't do anything without approval of the government and the president. To go against their government/President is treason. Banks don't hold loyalty to a individual nation they can work with a country, but I never seen them as terrorists.(Their neutral) Transferring wealth out of the country by individuals damages the dollar, but that's not a fault of the bank doing their job. Only the fault of the country being a importer instead of being an exporter.

I consider journalism to be a prime form of Terrorism. Many of them learn foreign languages and are employed to promote different beliefs in countries example being Medusa a news outlet in Russia they wouldn't exist without foreign aid foreign journalists are moved their taught to blend in as spys and help promote western ideology's like gender roles and try changing the mindsets of youth. This doesn't start after they become a journalist, but rather well still being in college.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Peaceful protesting = mobs of leftists
"Mostly" peaceful protesting = The city is literally on fire
This but unironically. Like five people can set a city on fire if they have enough molotovs. And generally police are lax about these things because either they're the target of the protest, or they want to prove some sort of point.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How about you just answer the question with a simple answer, instead of with another question? Thanks.

I disagree that it's a simple question that can get a simple answer.
It's not my fault you want a simple answer.

It's easier to deal with examples, hitting a policeman over the head with a flag is not peaceful.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: