What is my card

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by mr.uk, Mar 27, 2010.

Mar 27, 2010

What is my card by mr.uk at 6:13 PM (2,549 Views / 0 Likes) 33 replies

1. mr.uk
    OP

Newcomer mr.uk Member

United Kingdom
    Hey, after some help to get a bit more out of my card, this is what I got the other day as it was cheap and i was after something quick

[​IMG]

I want something that will autorun something like ysmenu or moonshell but i have had no luck so far following numerous guides on this site, so i've been forced so to speak, to make sure i'm not going to waste anymore time if the only thing that i can ever get to autorun off of it is the fw off the site. I've got an 8gb card in it and it has run everything i've tried so far (and i bought pokemon before anyone asks if that works [​IMG] )

I would just like to get it better looking or a clue to what sort of card it really is

cheers

2. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    I'm sorry but seriously....why do people continue to by these r4 clones? these fake unheard of cards? It's really not that much more to just get a good flashcard, spend the extra $15 and get an m3i or and m3 real! Or just spend $5 more and get the Acekard 2i.

3. mr.uk
    OP

Newcomer mr.uk Member

United Kingdom
    Any idea where to get a proper M3 in the UK?

4. flamingo24

Member flamingo24 GBAtemp Regular

It's a DSTT clone. Have you tried the ysmenu DSTT guide?

5. mr.uk
    OP

Newcomer mr.uk Member

United Kingdom
    No I havn't thats why i posted this to try and get an idea of what it was, thanks for your information.

6. flamingo24

Member flamingo24 GBAtemp Regular

You will need to rename the "TTMENU.DAT" to "_DS_MENU.DAT". It may display an error asking for the "R4.dat"; If this occurs you can try making a second copy of the "_DS_MENU.DAT" and renaming it "R4.dat".

7. mr.uk
    OP

Newcomer mr.uk Member

United Kingdom
    Well I've tried numerous attempts to get another fw other than the one from the site mentioned above and none will work, thanks anyway.

8. mr.uk
    OP

Newcomer mr.uk Member

United Kingdom
    decided to send it back and get a refund (lucky there i guess) and going for an acekard 2i instead

9. bennyroger

Member bennyroger GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Good idea [​IMG]

10. Gunmaster51

Newcomer Gunmaster51 Advanced Member

Canada
    Wow you're really lucky to being able to get a refund.

11. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    LOL this thread cracked me up. Happy Box...I guess McDonalds will advertise: "Buy a Happy Meal, get a flashcart!"

These guys invent some names that really are out of the blue...xD My original R4 is just that...an R4. It's not that good nowadays, so if you want cheap, you could have gone for AK 2i. Still, that will play you nearly all games.

12. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Has anyone purchased the new R4 SDHC "DS Easter Egg" cart yet?
    Apparently if you suck on it longer long enough all your R4 problems will literally disappear! [​IMG] Let's face it, anyone who buys an R4 branded cart these days are suckers anyway.

NB: keep an eye out for the "DS Halloween" edition....it will distinguishable by its orange colour. This cart is reported to be the scariest R4 branded cart ever!! Yeah, I know what you're thinking....hard to believe, isn't it?

13. kirbymania

Newcomer kirbymania Member

United States
    i dont think buying a clone r4 for 3 dollars and being able to play 90% of all games and put all the dpg movies on it i want is being a sucker. it doesnt have all the bells and whistles of the other carts, but for my 8 year old , or me on the road- there is nothing better

again 3 dollars,, priceangel

14. mr.uk
    OP

Newcomer mr.uk Member

United Kingdom
    ^ Exactly there's a lot of idiotic responses here but they seemed to ignore the fact that the card worked really well, it played everything I put on it. I just want something I can customise a bit more.

15. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Listen you 2 twits, $3 or 3cents, it doesn't matter - R4 branded carts are load of shite...end of story. 90% compatibility sounds okay when you say it quickly, the only problem is the other 10% are the decent releases that are worth playing! Most, if not all R4s, cannot play ANY DSi enhanced game.
    The 90% that can be played are mainly the 'shovelware' games.
    BTW, the majority of "idiotic responses" you read in this section would be from experienced flashcart users (who have/still own an R4). So heed the advice, or forever dwell in shite!

16. Saddamsdevil

Member Saddamsdevil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    sorry for sounding like a little shit, but can you name DSI enhanced titles? I know none is why.

17. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Look, I'm sure there are a lot of happy R4 users who couldn't care less about the games they can't play.
    But they don't post here.
    Here we only ever get people bitching for a fix for a particular R4 clone. And it pisses us all off.
    They want us to provide them with a fix. They may not be aware of the fact that a dozen other people have already asked, but they still did- and that gets to us.

Sure, our hatred for R4s may be a bit extreme, but if you had lived through every last bloody R4 thread (like we have for many years), you would hate them too.
    Especially when you deal with people who refuse to read the stickied threads and instead ask the same questions over and over and over.

Anyway, I'm not trying to attack anyone in this thread- I'm just trying to explain our position and reasoning..

18. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Rabbids Go Home.

19. magicksun

Member magicksun GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    see the home page in the box of your r4 , fake or not , the new vesions of the kernel will update there

20. Kinqdra

Member Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Croatia
    I lol-ed so hard [​IMG]
    Anyway, your cart IS a clone [​IMG]