Hacking What is my card

mr.uk

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
24
Trophies
0
XP
23
Country
Hey, after some help to get a bit more out of my card, this is what I got the other day as it was cheap and i was after something quick

2hgwom1.jpg


I want something that will autorun something like ysmenu or moonshell but i have had no luck so far following numerous guides on this site, so i've been forced so to speak, to make sure i'm not going to waste anymore time if the only thing that i can ever get to autorun off of it is the fw off the site. I've got an 8gb card in it and it has run everything i've tried so far (and i bought pokemon before anyone asks if that works
biggrin.gif
)

I would just like to get it better looking or a clue to what sort of card it really is

cheers
 

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2009
Messages
1,133
Trophies
0
Age
37
Location
California, USA
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
320
Country
United States
I'm sorry but seriously....why do people continue to by these r4 clones? these fake unheard of cards? It's really not that much more to just get a good flashcard, spend the extra $15 and get an m3i or and m3 real! Or just spend $5 more and get the Acekard 2i.
 

flamingo24

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
286
Trophies
0
XP
157
Country
You will need to rename the "TTMENU.DAT" to "_DS_MENU.DAT". It may display an error asking for the "R4.dat"; If this occurs you can try making a second copy of the "_DS_MENU.DAT" and renaming it "R4.dat".
 

mr.uk

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
24
Trophies
0
XP
23
Country
Well I've tried numerous attempts to get another fw other than the one from the site mentioned above and none will work, thanks anyway.
 

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
1,814
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Portugal
XP
365
Country
Portugal
LOL this thread cracked me up. Happy Box...I guess McDonalds will advertise: "Buy a Happy Meal, get a flashcart!"

These guys invent some names that really are out of the blue...xD My original R4 is just that...an R4. It's not that good nowadays, so if you want cheap, you could have gone for AK 2i. Still, that will play you nearly all games.
 

Dark^'^Knigh

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
1,043
Trophies
0
Location
Paradise
Website
Visit site
XP
86
Country
Has anyone purchased the new R4 SDHC "DS Easter Egg" cart yet?
Apparently if you suck on it longer long enough all your R4 problems will literally disappear!
rofl.gif
Let's face it, anyone who buys an R4 branded cart these days are suckers anyway.

NB: keep an eye out for the "DS Halloween" edition....it will distinguishable by its orange colour. This cart is reported to be the scariest R4 branded cart ever!! Yeah, I know what you're thinking....hard to believe, isn't it?
 

kirbymania

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Sep 7, 2007
Messages
33
Trophies
0
XP
112
Country
United States
i dont think buying a clone r4 for 3 dollars and being able to play 90% of all games and put all the dpg movies on it i want is being a sucker. it doesnt have all the bells and whistles of the other carts, but for my 8 year old , or me on the road- there is nothing better

again 3 dollars,, priceangel
 

mr.uk

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
24
Trophies
0
XP
23
Country
^ Exactly there's a lot of idiotic responses here but they seemed to ignore the fact that the card worked really well, it played everything I put on it. I just want something I can customise a bit more.
 

Dark^'^Knigh

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
1,043
Trophies
0
Location
Paradise
Website
Visit site
XP
86
Country
Listen you 2 twits, $3 or 3cents, it doesn't matter - R4 branded carts are load of shite...end of story. 90% compatibility sounds okay when you say it quickly, the only problem is the other 10% are the decent releases that are worth playing! Most, if not all R4s, cannot play ANY DSi enhanced game.
The 90% that can be played are mainly the 'shovelware' games.
BTW, the majority of "idiotic responses" you read in this section would be from experienced flashcart users (who have/still own an R4). So heed the advice, or forever dwell in shite!
 

Saddamsdevil

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
571
Trophies
0
XP
255
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
Listen you 2 twits, $3 or 3cents, it doesn't matter - R4 branded carts are load of shite...end of story. 90% compatibility sounds okay when you say it quickly, the only problem is the other 10% are the decent releases that are worth playing! Most, if not all R4s, cannot play ANY DSi enhanced game.
The 90% that can be played are mainly the 'shovelware' games.
BTW, the majority of "idiotic responses" you read in this section would be from experienced flashcart users (who have/still own an R4). So heed the advice, or forever dwell in shite!
sorry for sounding like a little shit, but can you name DSI enhanced titles? I know none is why.
 

fearofshorts

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
479
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Melbourne
XP
161
Country
Look, I'm sure there are a lot of happy R4 users who couldn't care less about the games they can't play.
But they don't post here.
Here we only ever get people bitching for a fix for a particular R4 clone. And it pisses us all off.
They want us to provide them with a fix. They may not be aware of the fact that a dozen other people have already asked, but they still did- and that gets to us.

Sure, our hatred for R4s may be a bit extreme, but if you had lived through every last bloody R4 thread (like we have for many years), you would hate them too.
Especially when you deal with people who refuse to read the stickied threads and instead ask the same questions over and over and over.

Anyway, I'm not trying to attack anyone in this thread- I'm just trying to explain our position and reasoning..
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    best update ever
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    🇫🇷. Thoughts? @CPG
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Anybody playing GameBoy games here..?
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    or is
    everybody just lurking around...?
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    I played LoZ: Oracle of Ages and Seasons not too long ago; does that count?
    +1
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I don't see why anyone on gbatemp would like gba games
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Want to test out my GBColor game?
  • Costello @ Costello:
    creating a game boy homebrew at this day and age sounds incredible. Props to you!
    +1
  • CPG @ CPG:
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    What key is "Select" hooked to?
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Or, y'know, B?
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    lol I see no blue mods on the staff page guessing it's getting updated
  • tsao @ tsao:
    did they remove the option for custom profile banner for non-patrons or am i being too stupid to find it?
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Oh sorry, I should write up some key explanations
    huh?
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Select is "HIFT"
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Start is "ENTER"
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    B is "Z"
    A is "X"
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Thanks for the props @Costello
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I think theirs a section in the forum for gba home few games could share it their
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Homebrew*
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Oh looks like you have already
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Yup! Now that I think about - I'm n
    ot sure if it's in the right section tho...?
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Eh they'll just tell you or move it no biggie
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Eh they'll just tell you or move it no biggie