Hacking What is happening with the newest batch of 3in1?

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I wanted to order an EZflash 3in1 to use with my M3 Simply, but looking at Dealextreme's comments, it seems like the new batch have a lot of problems: the new GBA Exploader seems to make the GBA games work for SOME people, but the rumble and RAM (for Opera) don't work, according to comments.

Should I wait before I put an order? What is happening?

And is the M3 Simply okay to use with the 3in1? Or should I order a card that have "native" support for the expansion (like the AK2)? (my M3 is working great otherwise, I don't really see the need to "upgrade")

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i have a cyclods evolution and ez flash 3-in-1 plus gbaxploder works to play games but that's it Im waiting for TC to add support i don't know much about M3 but if they add support or firmware updates decently you should get it

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can play GBA games but cant use rumble or the NDS browser.
One strange thing tho, Quake 2 DS homebrew works.

http://quake.drunkencoders.com/q2/downloads_how_to_play.html

Which is weird since that requirest slot 2 ram.
Now the funny thing is it fails to detect this using the NDS browser with patch.
Maybe if they found out why this works and they others dont they could fix it.

Edit - More info: When you tell Quake 2 DS to use EZflash instead of auto detect it wont work it only works on auto detect.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even play games, gbaexploder 0.57 and 0.58b do not work with at least my particular ezflash v that I just got in today on both m3 real or DSTT...

buyer beware

imo it should be top priority that these hardware manufacturers make sure that they make hardware that works properly with existing software out and not just let it blow up and expect the community to fix the problems they created.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The 3IN1Plus source code is out since december 1st 2008 !
And people, don't forget that this expansion is for the EZ5 in first.
GBAexploader or GBAldr make it work on foreign flashcart, thanks to Rudolph and cory1492.
Opera RAM and Rumble mode has been found by people like them.
As far as i know, the ez team has never tell them how to patch NDS files to make those feature works.

Don't complain about the ez team until you have a problem with an EZ5 and his expansion ez 3in1Plus.
wink.gif

The bad thing in this story is that only Rudolph will update his homebrew and this guy can't read English language.
A little hard to feeback bugs on his blog.
unsure.gif

But i have tried ...

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
I got one of the new 128mb models and im sure it was dead because i couldn't play gba games using any version of gbaexploder , Also tryed it with the opera browser and didn't work and no rumble in any games i tried!

Using a supercard SDHC but as iv read above it could just be a driver issue but then it seems stupid to bring out an almost identical product (extra 64mbs ram) and not have it work with most existing hardware/software

Anyway i sent it back after trying all sorts of things and awaiting a replacement.

paul

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
can you check the version you got of the 3in1 by comparing it to the ones I got posted and if you got the plus version you will need exploader .58b to run proberly for gba games, rumble and browser wise your gonna need to wait for the correct patches to be made by whoever makes them.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?