What is everyone using for WADS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kingdruid, Apr 22, 2010.

Apr 22, 2010
  1. kingdruid
    OP

Newcomer kingdruid Advanced Member

United States
    I tried Triiforce, but it desyncs my control. I fixed that issue by running pimpmyWII, but now none of the games or images load..... (FAILED TO LOAD TMD)

So what is everyone using? I know you can't fit all your WADS in the WII NAND.

Can anyone post what there using to run their WADS?

2. elimist

Member elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    are there any choices other than sys menu, triiforce and sneek? triiforce works for me

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Well...considering that "WAD" apparently equals "wiiware/VC" in this thread*, I'd say: yes, there is another choice: the recent versions of uloader (well, and triiforce_mrc...but that's a mod of triiforce). It actually has quite a good compatibility. [​IMG]

As a matter of fact, I'm using uLoader at the moment. For the following reasons:
    -triiforce_mrc loads faster and has a better GUI than uloader, but can't run on rev 18 or 19 of Waninkoko's cIOS (I'll probably switch back when rev20 is released)
    -sneek has best compatability, but it's a whole lotta setup just to play casual games (I'll certainly switch to this once they get gamecube games working from USB)
    -the system menu is (obviously) equally compatible as sneek, but it has the least disk space (I prefer to use my nand exclusively for savegames...and even those I'd rather see elsewhere).

*in another thread, I would say "I use wad manager on my wii, and showmiiwads for installing things to my emulated nand". The reason is that wads can be more than 'just' wiiware or virtual console games.

4. kingdruid
    OP

Newcomer kingdruid Advanced Member

United States
    I got triiforce to work again. I didn't realize that pimpmywii updated my cios to v19. I downgraded back to v17 and its working now.

The only thing is when I load it if I have the WII classic controller connected I can't pick a title. So what I have to do is have it disconnected then reconnect it after I started the title.....

Any ideas?

5. jorgebus

Newcomer jorgebus Member

Chile
    I use uLoader for VC and Wiiware.
    (Also because i can purchase a lot of songs for rockband 2 and the beatles rockband. But that is not part of this topicv [​IMG] )
    also version 5.0 of uloader has a lot of support for ocarina in both backups and wiiware.
    The UI looks very crappy at first, but one gets to like it.

Also, uLoader's compatibility is a lot GREATER than that of Triiforce_mrc.
    I don't like to spam but here's the link for uLoader if any of you want to read and try.
    http://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/ULoader sadly it's in spanish, i don't know if there's an english version of it.
    Maybe i would translate it.

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    There's an English write-up for the installation here. The documents in the installation are set up in 2 languages (English and Spanish), and the program itself is completely English.

While I can't vouch for uLoader's compatibility being "a lot greater" than triiforce, I must say there are games that can't be played under triiforce but that can under uloader (the latter usually has you trying out the different cIOS'es to see which one works). I have to note, though, that this isn't so much caused by the application but by the used cIOS.

Either way, I think it's mostly because of the GUI that causes this program to be underestimated. If Tantric and Rodries were to make it a GUI, it would easily outpass any other way to play wiiware...and maybe wii games itself too.