What is an IRD file?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Gorkensnorkel, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Gorkensnorkel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    What is an IRD file and how do I know if a game needs one?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel, Sep 25, 2015
  2. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
  3. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Gorkensnorkel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    I originally was trying to use PS3ISO Tools v2.1 but couldn't get it to work to save my life, it kept renaming my game folder then giving me an error message and closing. So I switched to GenPS3ISO (read that it was recommended by the Rebug team or something like that) and seemingly worked fine but asked for an IRD file.

I began looking into what an IRD file is and that lead me to a program called PS3 ISO Rebuilder (which apparently also creates an ISO). PS3 ISO Rebuilder wants me to "change certain files to the original" and I have no idea what to do. The red lines for UPDATE's seem easy enough but I want to ask...

Do I REALLY need to install the UPDATE file and change the yellow lines to the original files? Or can I just use PS3 ISO Rebuilder to find the IRD file then go to GenPS3ISO and make the ISO without the UPDATE PUP and without changing files to the original (which I have no clue how to do)?

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel, Sep 25, 2015
  4. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    There's only 4-5 games that will "require" a proper ISO to run including IRD verification.

If theres red or yellow on the update folder, it can be ignored. However, red or yellow on other files including the PS3_GAME folder should be looked at carefully as there are files missing or modified ones.