Gaming What I would like to see from Nintendo on the DS

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo should get back to the business of creating or helping create some games with their existing franchises for the DS/DSi, just chucking stuff in the air here.....

* Mario Cart with new bigger tracks. With the ability to edit your own and upload them. Fill the actual cart this time.. as many tracks and characters as you can squeeze onto it.
* A New 3D Metriod, a sequel to the first DS one.
* An Official Smash Brothers DS, with as much content as the GameCube/Wii versions.
* How about a 3D cell shaded Mario game a la Mario 64 but built for the DS in the same way as Zelda, give 3D Zelda a rest for a while
* Would love to see Luigi's mansion created for the DS, a sequel not a conversion, built for the DS hardware.
* F Zero 3D, with online play.
* Mario Tennis and Golf..... long overdue, GB and GBA versions were good a DS version would be better with online play.
* 1080 Snowboarding
* A decent compilation of Nintendo old school arcade/nes games, built for the DS not ports, so they fit the screen, upgraded gameplay like Space Invaders Extreeme on the DS and the way Pac Man CE was done on XBL.. Conversions like Donkey Kong ( not like March of the Mini's ), Punch out, Space Firebird, Ice Climbers, Excitebike etc
* Finally, a decent version of Starfox would be nice....

Downloadable content for all the above where possible and online play......

Those are what I would like to see, others may not..... this is not instead of what's coming, but as well as.... My bet is none of them will see the light of day on a DS/DSi but it doesn't stop me writing them down as a wish list....

Thoughts or ideas for Nintendo franchise based games ?

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it would happen, but if it did it would be just about the most awesome thing in history.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Maybe a new Metroid and F-Zero could appear, but I think everything else won't happen... it would be awesome, though
smile.gif
and without an analog stick, I think that the current starfox is as decent at it'll get on the DS xD let's just hope the DS2 or whatever it'll be called has an analog stick like the PSP or better.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
LoZ remake...Like "New Legend of Zelda" upgraded graphics, etc...
Super Mario World remake ala "New Super Mario Bros."
a new Donkey Kong country.
Paper Mario DS
Some new fucking IP!!!

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Excite Truck DS
F-Zero DS
Metroid Prime Hunters 2
Super Smash Bros. DS
Mario Kart DS 2
Starfox DS 2

There#s is a homebrew Remake of the first Zelda worked on,by BassAceGold.
It will have better Graphics ,but it will still be 2D.

D

Deleted_171835

Not going to happen.

The DS has been out for about 5 years. Nintendo won't release any major games at this point.

They're probably going to release a new handheld soon, anyways. Maybe it'll be revealed at E3 this year.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Revolutionize said:
Not going to happen.

The DS has been out for about 5 years. Nintendo won't release any major games at this point.

They're probably going to release a new handheld soon, anyways. Maybe it'll be revealed at E3 this year.

Considering the original Gameboy had a much longer run? You, sir...are on crack.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
funem said:
Nintendo should get back to the business of creating or helping create some games with their existing franchises for the DS/DSi, just chucking stuff in the air here.....

* Mario Cart with new bigger tracks. With the ability to edit your own and upload them. Fill the actual cart this time.. as many tracks and characters as you can squeeze onto it.
* A New 3D Metriod, a sequel to the first DS one.
* An Official Smash Brothers DS, with as much content as the GameCube/Wii versions.
* How about a 3D cell shaded Mario game a la Mario 64 but built for the DS in the same way as Zelda, give 3D Zelda a rest for a while
* Would love to see Luigi's mansion created for the DS, a sequel not a conversion, built for the DS hardware.
* F Zero 3D, with online play.
* Mario Tennis and Golf..... long overdue, GB and GBA versions were good a DS version would be better with online play.
* 1080 Snowboarding
* A decent compilation of Nintendo old school arcade/nes games, built for the DS not ports, so they fit the screen, upgraded gameplay like Space Invaders Extreeme on the DS and the way Pac Man CE was done on XBL.. Conversions like Donkey Kong ( not like March of the Mini's ), Punch out, Space Firebird, Ice Climbers, Excitebike etc
* Finally, a decent version of Starfox would be nice....

Downloadable content for all the above where possible and online play......

Those are what I would like to see, others may not..... this is not instead of what's coming, but as well as.... My bet is none of them will see the light of day on a DS/DSi but it doesn't stop me writing them down as a wish list....

Thoughts or ideas for Nintendo franchise based games ?

This is probably going to happen:
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=101104

Suzak developed F-Zero GP Legend and F-Zero Climax for the GBA.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a sequel to metroid fusion on nds, in 2d optic
a secret of mana sequel or remake
a legend of zelda link to the past remake
a new castlevania game
a megaman x or zero game in style of tthe originals on snes and advance, not as a sequel to zx

sixteenbuttons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earthbound collection for DS (mother 1,2,3)...released in english.

NSMB DS 2

A Zelda game without a Spirit Temple or whatever that stupid temple is called that you have to keep revisiting...

i second a decent starfox.

D

Deleted_171835

dudeonline said:
Revolutionize said:
Not going to happen.

Considering the original Gameboy had a much longer run? You, sir...are on crack.
Just checked and it was out for six years. This isn't the original Gameboy, son. We're talking about a totally different handheld system. Don't compare the two.

The GBA had a lifespan of about six years. Notice anything?

You sir...are on crack.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
-Earthbound collection DS
-2 new 2D mario games for the DS (very possible)
-A zelda game for the DS similar to A Link To The Past, Link's Awakening DX or Minish Cap. (almost impossible)
-Smash Bros. 64 for DS (with some extra characters and stages + online mode)
-F-zero for the DS (very possible)
-A new 2D Metroid game for the DS (almost possible)
-A new 3D Metroid game for the DS (almost possible because the producer said he wants to make another game for the DS but nothing announced yet)
-Mario Tennis DS (very possible)
-Mario Golf DS (very possible)

That's all for me.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Revolutionize said:
dudeonline said:
Revolutionize said:
Not going to happen.

Just checked and it was out for six years. This isn't the original Gameboy, son. We're talking about a totally different handheld system. Don't compare the two.

The GBA had a lifespan of about six years. Notice anything?

You sir...are on crack.

1990-2001 is 6 years? what?

And don't give me crap about how its completely different. Gameboy Advance was a replacement for the Gameboy/Gameboy Color, the Nintendo DS was a replacement for the GBA.

sixteenbuttons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldnt the DS's (DS Fat and DS Lite's) lifespan already be considered to be over?

i mean the DSi isnt that different, but it is a "completey different handheld system" from a technical standpoint, so isnt that (the DSi) nintendo's "next" handheld system?

I think the release of DSi (less than a year ago? not sure) is a pretty clear indication that nintendo isnt going to be straying away from the dual screen handheld for a long time, especially if they just announced/released(?) the even larger screened DSi in japan?

and arent DS (not DSi) games still coming out? Sometimes good NINTENDO games come out right at the end of a systems life ( donkey kong countrys, yoshis island, kirby NES, etc, etc, etc)

i think there is plenty of time left to see some more quality nintendo IPs on a dual screen handheld, whether it be for DS or only DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-