Homebrew What happens if i format my a9lh console?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Related question: Why does A9LH stay after you wipe the console and FBI doesn't (in case it was still injected into HS.app)?
FBI survives the formatting if it's injected because the Health and Safety app isn't modified in any way when formatting. Nintendo tought there wouldn't be any reason for restoring the factory apps, since they can't commonly be deleted nor modified.

A9LH survives because it boots before the System Menu. Formatting affects everything in the System Menu, deleting every program outside the factory apps, extdata (which contains themes and badges) and any configuration of the System Settings. Since A9LH patches everything before System Menu even starts, the formatting doesn't affect it at all.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is why I wish FBI wasn't built to install on SD, but NAND instead. It'd make the guide that much easier and formats less intimidating.
The risk of injecting an app into H&S is very minimal if you do it alright.

Even installing FBI directly to NAND would be as risky.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I like having FBI on my health and safety app. Makes it cleaner to deal with. (That reminds me that I have to inject that onto my European 3DS so that I can DSiWare downgrade a console I have.)

I usually don't take out the modified h&s on my customer's 3DSes. Most of the people I sell pre-modded 3DSes don't know how to use the system anyhow. I rather have the instance of FBI survive a format than not.

Wolfsbane1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a factory reset after transferring and i still had FBI and DevMenu. I had to system update to 9.6 and then 11.0 via system settings after. Im assuming it reset back to 9.2 when i formatted even tho it said 11.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He's the reason why the banks closed lol.