What flashcart to get?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Awesomai, Mar 21, 2011.

Mar 21, 2011

What flashcart to get? by Awesomai at 11:52 PM (1,366 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Awesomai
    OP

Newcomer Awesomai Newbie

United States
    I know there are a MILLION topics on this, and im sorry to add to that pile. I am new to the DS hacking scene, however Im not even close to being new to the gaming modding scene or Wii softmodding scene (I have softmodded 2 of my wiis very successfully). However, I want to become part of the DSI and 3DS hacking scheme, and until the holidays, I will be sticking with my DSi (most likely). I dont want to use an emulator and am not into roms, I want to play backups of my own RETAIL games. (forgive me for being noobish if you cant do this).
    I want my flashcart to be able to backup all games especially Pokemon Black for Pokesaving reasons, and I plan to use the flashcart for all of my future gaming sessions. I wouldnt mind getting 2 flashcarts even that have great capabilties (noob here ! [​IMG]). Ive read the stickies, but cant decide.

Requirements:
    -Budget of $50-$75. Wouldnt mind going over a bit (is that a high price for a flashcart?)
    -Performs well. Can play most games and if current compatibility does not support current games, then there are updates
    -Must be compatible with the 3DS (But Ill be lenient on this). I primarily use my DSi, so it MUST be compatible with that. I dont want a flashcart that is compatible with only a DS lite/Phat
    -Cheating system (REALLY WANT ACTION REPLAY)
    -Looks nice. But Features of the OS/firmware over aesthetics. I mean aesthetics of the OS/what is on screen. I dont care if it looks like crap on the outside, but looks nice when I boot it up.
    -Top of the line/Possibly better than industry standard
    -Is durable...e.g doesnt fall apart within 5 seconds of myself getting it
    - [​IMG] Nice support (will be very lenient on this too)
    -Sold by a good retailer.

Im a big fan of action replay, so this must be part of the flashcart, or it must have a good cheat system.

Thank you for looking this over!

2. princefarzan

Member princefarzan GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Your best bet is to go with a SuperCard DSTWO its one of the expensive-st flashcarts but it's only 35$ depending on where you get it from. It plays all games, recent and future due to its built-in cpu and the ability to play games clean without the need for a patch or anything. It is also compatible with the 3DS. It has a cheating system as well as other features such as the ability to play GBA/SNES games on a slot-1 DSi. The OS looks really nice as it resembles the DSi's home menu and is really customizable. It is built pretty well and fits snug into the DSi and it won't break on you for sure. Support is good for the card and you can buy one at one of Shoptemps trusted retailers.

Here is link to buy one: http://shoptemp.net/products/Supercard-DSTWO.html

3. Awesomai
    OP

Newcomer Awesomai Newbie

United States
    I forgot to add this to my post. Does it support SDHC? And also, is the cheat system using the same cheats as action replay? Cause I have a bunch of action replay cheats on my pokemon save and if I were to disable some of them it would cause a bunch of issues for me.

4. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Yes, yes, and it depends.

5. Awesomai
    OP

Newcomer Awesomai Newbie

United States
    SHould I get the GBAtemp special edition or the regular SuperCard DSTWO

6. tagzard

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    Get supercard dstwo w/ 8 or 16 gig micro sd card cause of the money left over. But get it from realhotstuff.com

7. Awesomai
    OP

Newcomer Awesomai Newbie

United States
    What retailer (If no other ones are suggested Ill go with Real Hot Stuff) should I go with ?Any other accessories I should get? Or is a flashcart all I need? I already have a 16 gig SDHC card. Thats why I asked the question above

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Any cart that's made in the last few years supports SDHC.
    You'll probably want a reader for the microSDHC card.

This FAQ has some more info on flash carts in general. Do note that of the special carts that can do more with a built-in processor, it's mostly talking about the DSTwo.
    http://gbatemp.net/t278137-ds-dsi-hacking-f-a-q

As for backing up your own games and saves, use this guide...
    http://gbatemp.net/t274290-how-to-dump-you...-ds-games-saves
    Though I have to tell you that on a 3DS/DSi you're not going to be able to back everything up because they don't want to let you cart swap (which is needed to dump from slot-1 (the DS slot).

9. Awesomai
    OP

Newcomer Awesomai Newbie

United States
    Thats fine. I have a DSlite that I still use, albeit rarely. Oh, And i have an adaptor! [​IMG]

10. Rafinesque

Member Rafinesque GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'll second RealHotStuff.com as the place to get your carts...

11. Awesomai
    OP

Newcomer Awesomai Newbie

United States
    Realhotstuff it is. Thanks guys. Signing up for an account there now. How long do they take to ship?

12. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    should be within the week, i've heard people say it came in a few days, RHS is US based so it should be quick

13. Chubbo1793

Newcomer Chubbo1793 Advanced Member

United States
    It only took 3 days for me to recieve my DSTWO from Realhotstuff. They are in New Jersey and they got to me in Colorado very quickly. If you live in USA, which it looks like you do, then they are a great choice. And yeah, they aren't $50-$70, so that should raise your spirits that it's $15-$35 cheaper than you thought. =)

14. Awesomai
    OP

Newcomer Awesomai Newbie

United States
    Cool, thanks. Waiting on it now

15. Awesomai
    OP

Newcomer Awesomai Newbie

United States
    So, I wont be able to port my saves over to the flashcart? And about ROMs (Which I dont want to download them). How can I use my retail game's ROM. Aka a backup if Im correct.

Also, will I be able to use AR codes like those listed on projectpokemon.com etc.

16. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States