What flashcard should I get?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DarkFlare69, Dec 12, 2014.

1. DarkFlare69
    OP

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    So i have an old 9.2.0-20 3DS (NOT XL). I want to play roms. Please keep it in a reasonable price range.

2. garbanzox

garbanzox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Sky3DS! It's the greatest flash cart in the universe! It will last forever and make you breakfast and be your friend!

Ra1d likes this.
  3. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

Don't forget the BLUE button!

4. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Are you being sarcastic, or serious? Just looking around the forum I see a lot of people dissing it. If you actually think it's good, I might go for it.

5. garbanzox

garbanzox GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    We were being sarcastic. There has been a troll here all day pretending to work for Sky3DS and posting crap like that.

The two carts right now are Sky3DS and Gateway. Which one you pick depends on what you want to get out of your cart, and how much effort you want to put forward.

Sky3DS only plays roms, nothing else. It's not multi-region. But it seems to be pretty strong against firmware updates since it's not based on a software exploit. If all you want to do is play ROMs, this is one to consider.

Gateway doesn't currently work on 9.2 but they promise it's coming soon. It is expected to play roms, support emunand, support homebrew, multi-region, etc, but there's still a lot of speculation.

6. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

I was being Sarcastic, anyways, if you want a cart that only plays roms then Sky3DS might be what you're looking for, they support all roms even on the newly released Firmware (9.4 which was released like 2 hours ago), but they don't have Region unlock(meaning that if your 3DS is European for example, you won't be able to play US or JPN games, only games from your own region), but they're not cheap.

On the other hand Gateway which is confirmed(By Gateway) to work on Version 9.2, they have emunand (basically it emulates the latest firmware), they have no region lock, you can play any game from any region, they're cheaper than Sky3DS, support .cia, and you can even cheat in Pokemon using their cart.

You decide what you want to go for.

7. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    so far it looks like gateway is better. How much would one cost?

8. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers/

Check the resellers, every reseller on the list also sells Sky3DS, so you can compare.