Hacking What flashcard options are there for 3DS XL with 7.0.0-13E?

Poena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My kids have a 3ds XL each, one is version 7.0.0-13E and the other 6.3.0-12E.

I am wanting to get them a card each and am thinking about just getting one that ONLY does DS games as it appears the newer ones that are doing the 3DS games are still developing at the moment, I might wait and buy those further down the track once they are further developed.

What are the best options. It is for 2 children (6 yrs old and 7yrs old) so doesn't need to be too flashy. Just basic cards would be best I think.

What should I look at buying please? Can I buy any from an Australian store so we could hopefully get them before Xmas?

Thanks so much in advance. I am a bit lost when it comes to this kind of technology.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm sorry but there is no solution for systems under those firmwares. They strictly must be between 4.1.0 and 4.5.0.

The only options are flashcards made for DS games, which don't support 3DS games at all.

DSTWO is a good option, since it loads DS games and GBA games though an emulador, as well as games for older system such as SNES.

M

milkman12345

Your going to have to buy a new 3DS if you want to play 3DS games via flash cart. You can still find them on eBay if you look hard enough. If the item is second hand ask for the system version and if it is at or below 4.5 then get it. If it's brand new make sure it says (C) 2012 Nintendo on the box. DO NOT update once it arrives.

EDIT

I didn't read that your just looking for a card to do DS games. Since your buying for little kids I don't think they need the extra features of the DStwo. Just a cheap R4 should do the job. Don't get your hopes up for carts playing 3DS games in the future. It will probably be a few years before newer firmwares are hacked.

Reactions: Poena

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
To elaborate on kyogre123's answer

For ds flashcards (plays ds roms):
Here is a list of ds flashcards that work on 7.0.0-13E
Pong20302000 said:
(7.0.0-13) R4iGold 3DS / RTS (r4ids.cn) – (Revision 9, A & C, D Only) – no update from 6.2.0-X
(7.0.0-13) R4iDSN 3DS (r4idsn.com) – (Revision 9, A & C, D Only) – no update from 6.2.0-X
(7.0.0-13) Supercard DS2 (supercard.sc) – Firmware 1.25 Eng, Chs
(7.0.0-13) R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS (r4i-sdhc.com) – no update
(7.0.0-13) r4igold wood (r4igold.cc)- no update from 6.2.0-X
(7.0.0-13) R4iTT Purple – RTS 2014 (r4itt.net) – no update
Make sure you check the websites on the cartridge itself
The 2 I would recommend are:
  • R4iGold 3DS / RTS (r4ids.cn) : Should support all roms, cheap and gets updated quickly when new firmwares come out
  • Supercard DS2 (supercard.sc): Supports all roms, supports special homebrew like a gbaEmulator, relatively expensive compared to R4iGold 3ds
Citation:http://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/

For 3ds flashcards (plays 3ds roms):
At the moment 3ds flashcards only work from 4.0 - 4.5.0-10X. If you want your kids to be able to use one of these flashcards I would recommend selling there 3ds and buying them a new one using this information provided by the gbatemp wiki
Copyright 2012 is NOT a guarantee of firmware <= 4.5.0. Having a Nintendo Serial Number <= SW12XXXXXX X is. The lower the serial number the older the unit (which for our purposes is better).

Since firmware 5.0.0 was released March 26, 2013, and we know the release of the various versions of the 3DS and the 3DS XL models/bundles...

In regards to North America:
3DS XL models capable of coming with <= 4.5.0:
Red/Black
Blue/Black
Pink/White
Pikachu bundle
Pink/White 3DS XL in a bundle (with Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask or Style Savvy: Trendsetters)

3DS models capable of coming with <= 4.5.0:
Aqua Blue
Cosmo Black
Flame Red
Pearl Pink (bundled with Nintendogs + Cats)
Midnight Purple
Heroes of Ruin
The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Fire Emblem Awakening

Seems like almost all regular 3DS's are capable while only a limited selection of 3DS XL's are.

The highest reported Nintendo Serial Number that came with 4.5.0:
For the Red/Black 3DS XL: SW1279xxxx x [DemiseScythe]
For the Blue/Black 3DS XL: SW1270xxxx x [moosehunter] (SW1335xxxx x reported > 4.5.0 [tlee22])
For the Pink/White 3DS XL: SW1272xxxx x [Gara]

There are possible contradictions in this data from RickyEarl (says Blue/Black w/ SW1231xxxx x+ had 6.1.0) and tlee22 (says Red/Black w/ SW1275xxxx x had 6.1.0).
Citation:http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_ha...at_can_I_do.3F_Is_it_possible_to_downgrade.3F

Reactions: Poena

Poena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To elaborate on kyogre123's answer

For ds flashcards (plays ds roms):
Here is a list of ds flashcards that work on 7.0.0-13E

Make sure you check the websites on the cartridge itself
The 2 I would recommend are:
  • R4iGold 3DS / RTS (r4ids.cn) : Should support all roms, cheap and gets updated quickly when new firmwares come out
  • Supercard DS2 (supercard.sc): Supports all roms, supports special homebrew like a gbaEmulator, relatively expensive compared to R4iGold 3ds
Citation:http://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/

Thank you, that is exactly what I was after. As I stated in my first post I will wait until the newer 3DS cards are further developed before buying any of them. We have a truckload of 3DS games already purchased anyhow.

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thank you, that is exactly what I was after. As I stated in my first post I will wait until the newer 3DS cards are further developed before buying any of them. We have a truckload of 3DS games already purchased anyhow.
No problem if you have any more questions feel free to ask

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What size micro SD card should I get for these? Probably going to hold roughly 15-20 games?
With the basic assumption of that the average game is about 64 megabytes
A 1 gb micro sd should fit around 15 games
A 2 gb micro sd should fit around 30 games
A 4 gb micro sd should fit around 60 games
A 8 gb micro sd should fit around 110 games
A 16 gb micro sd should fit around 220 games

Personally I would go with an 8 gb micro sd because the price difference isn't much

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just get a 16GB, the cards are extremely cheap ($10 USD)
better to have more then enough just in case you add alot more games

PercentSevenC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 GB should be plenty. I used a 2 GB card with my original R4 (no SDHC support), and it was adequate for me, but I would occasionally have to swap out games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday