Hardware What firmware version comes with new PSPs?

sgodd23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the best hack, I need to get a PSP with firmware version 6.20 or lower, correct? Also, there were a few different bundles available at random stores. The one I definitely remember was the MLB: The Show/Gran Turismo bundle. Which firmware version does that PSP come with? Thanks in advance!

098v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure that they should have firmware versions 6.XX and above but if you get one with the newest firmware I would recommend softmodding your PSP with PSProUpdate (if your PSP has the newest firmware you'll have to get the temporary version but if it's 6.20 and below you can use the permanent) rest of the information will be on the site that I linked

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
For the best hack, I need to get a PSP with firmware version 6.20 or lower, correct? Also, there were a few different bundles available at random stores. The one I definitely remember was the MLB: The Show/Gran Turismo bundle. Which firmware version does that PSP come with? Thanks in advance!
If you can find a new psp go, it is guaranteed to have firmware 5.70.

It really doesn't matter though because any psp can be downgraded to 6.20 to achieve permanent hack status using davee's chronoswitch downgrader.

My advice is to save money and get a core pack 3000 brite which is available anywhere.

sgodd23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick replies! I just wanted to try and get a PSP with 6.20 or lower, but if any PSP can be downgraded to 6.20, then I really have nothing to worry about. Thanks again!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick replies! I just wanted to try and get a PSP with 6.20 or lower, but if any PSP can be downgraded to 6.20, then I really have nothing to worry about. Thanks again!

From what I understand, some 3000s can't be downgraded to 6.20 even with chronoswitch though all PSP Go's can. Also, it is not the firmware it originally came with that matters it is what modules the motherboard uses (3g, 4g, 5g, 9g). Fortunately, most downgraders nowadays have failsafes built in to check for that before downgrading so if your system can't be downgraded to 6.20 then it just won't do anything.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
All 3000's can be downgraded with the latest version, but there have been issues with it so I don't recommend it as you can't pandora a 3000 to recover from a brick.

The motherboard model (and module) are directly linked to the shipping firmware as far as modern concerns go, which is why one or the other is used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs