Hacking what firmware to use?

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just ordered one of these flash cards for my dsi XL any idea what firmware to use i was told ys menu is the best given this has a time bomb im new to all this

how do i set this up i also plan to use cheats if it matters

Attachments

• s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited by kaitlin459,

AnotherMuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Ignore the fact it says to extract the DSONEi folder in the instructions, it's a copy and paste error. You need the "R4i-SDHC YsMenu" folder for your card.

Also don't worry about getting it wrong. It won't do any harm, it just won't work till you use the correct files.

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Ignore the fact it says to extract the DSONEi folder in the instructions, it's a copy and paste error. You need the "R4i-SDHC YsMenu" folder for your card.

Also don't worry about getting it wrong. It won't do any harm, it just won't work till you use the correct files.

awesome you are a life saver dsixl wont be here till xmas eve but thats ok more time for me to educate myself on how things work havent had an r4 card since they first came out years ago

Reactions: AnotherMuggle

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've collected a variety of cards the last year or so... It's interesting tinkering with them and seeing what each card can do. :)

my fave will always be the 2015 snoopy but its almost a hard to find r4 i bought it years ago and used it with cheats btw if you need a cheat database for your r4 i can upload mine

Last edited by kaitlin459,

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've collected a variety of cards the last year or so... It's interesting tinkering with them and seeing what each card can do. :)

@AnotherMuggle r4 cart is here alongside my dsixl took some effort to get it working i followed the guide but the cheats didnt work for any of my games the only way cheats would work is if i dual boot so i load my primary kernel then load ysmenu it works tho so im happy thanks for all the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gt2ToRSjQA