What emulators did you try on nintendo Switch, which was actually working?

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, RetroArch for most things (GBA: rumble patch in Wario Land 4 and HD mode 7 in Car Battler Joe; SNES: widescreen Super Metroid Redux).

I installed Lakka for Saturn emulation, but the performance isn’t great and you have to use attached original joycons and handheld mode rather than docked.
Edit: Injection into Cotton/Guardian Force works much better, and allows docked play and third-party controllers. But there's no upscaling option. This is fine for 2D games like Saturn Bomberman, and not too bad in 3D for Panzer Dragoon Saga as I can set the Switch's output to 480p and get my mClassic to do most of the upscaling. It's closer to what I would have seen on a real Saturn, and the FMW cutscenes and sound aren't broken the way they were on previous upscaled playthroughs on Yabause on computer.

Last edited by emcintosh,
Reactions: Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 has been near perfect for years at this point (apart from quake 2 and killer instinct gold)
Do Perfect Dark and GoldenEye work? If I were to get emulators on my Switch they would be the main reason (for multiplayer in HD. The N64 is just so blurry in splitscreen especially on a small TV)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How about Playstation consoles? PS1, PS2 or PSP
Duckstation is best for PS1, available from discord, search this forum for more info.
PPSSPP standalone (as opposed to the Retroarch core) is still best for PSP afaik, search here for its thread.
AetherSX2 for Linux is the only way I know to play PS2 games, mixed compatibility.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Has anyone installed some emulators?
What was it, and was it working well?
Thanks.
I got some decent results from Dolphin on Switchroot Android. Mixed results with Wii games (I gave up on trying them because all of the ones I tried ran poorly except for Super Paper Mario which ran well), GC games are a 50/50 chance, half of them run well (some slowdowns but perfect audio) and the other half have messed up audio and major slowdowns no matter what and I would not consider them playable.

Reactions: Dariush

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT