Hardware What does this mean

chaosdestro0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well I have not used my wii for about 1 year since I got my xbox, At the moment I am Installed the latest bootmii v2, the latest homebrew channel and the latest Dvdx. However I also have a flashmii device aswell, however sometimes when I run apps in homebrew channel in the homebrew channel it goes to a black screen, I am using a micro sd card in an sd card.

I am still on 3.4 firmware, Is it worth it doing a fresh start with the latest firmware update with a different exploit. As I am not currently sure how to update my firmware manually but still keeping the homebrew channel, I am not exactly sure on how to use wakinos firmware updater.

Also does this black screen have anything to do with my firwmare atm, I still do not have the latest shopping channel etc... I did a Nand block test and have 8 blocks broken.Shall I just update the firmware and use the super smash exploit as I can easily obtain a "backup"

chaosdestro0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember a long time ago downloading a Ios not sure atm, I don`t have access atm to my wii but I wanna get the files ready.

Does that Ios make black screens happen?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dont update to 4.3, its too much trouble.

Use the stickied guide at the top of the hacking section to update to 4.2.

And DONT remove any IOS's except stubs, just update them all.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, no idea about the blackscreen

But wont hurt to update to 4.2 anyways, then you know you will have all clean IOS's.

BUT, do a nand backup via bootmii 1st, and install bootmii as boot2 if possible PRIOR to any update.

If it still blackscreens after a full update, that would suggest you have hardware issues.

chaosdestro0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I already have bootmii 2 installed with a nand backup, All I need to do now is install all the Ios`s, install some loaders and gonna start getting to work with Ocarina
smile.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaosdestro0 said:
Ok done nand backup however it still blackscreens I might try another sdcard.
*facepalm* backing up your old data isn't going to fix it, it just saves what you have in case things go wrong when you try to update everything. follow one of the sticky guides in the hacking forum and you'll be golden.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds like an SD card problem. They sometimes have compatibility issues. Try getting a well-known (and a full-size SD, at that) brand like Sandisk or Transcend.

Also, it's Trucha bug, and not Treyarch (they're the Call of Duty series guys) bug
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: