What does this mean

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by chaosdestro0, Jul 15, 2010.

Jul 15, 2010

What does this mean by chaosdestro0 at 1:20 PM (1,006 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. chaosdestro0
    OP

Newcomer chaosdestro0 Member

United States
    Ok well I have not used my wii for about 1 year since I got my xbox, At the moment I am Installed the latest bootmii v2, the latest homebrew channel and the latest Dvdx. However I also have a flashmii device aswell, however sometimes when I run apps in homebrew channel in the homebrew channel it goes to a black screen, I am using a micro sd card in an sd card.

I am still on 3.4 firmware, Is it worth it doing a fresh start with the latest firmware update with a different exploit. As I am not currently sure how to update my firmware manually but still keeping the homebrew channel, I am not exactly sure on how to use wakinos firmware updater.

Also does this black screen have anything to do with my firwmare atm, I still do not have the latest shopping channel etc... I did a Nand block test and have 8 blocks broken.Shall I just update the firmware and use the super smash exploit as I can easily obtain a "backup"

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Did you ever install something similar to IOS36-64-v1048.wad?

3. chaosdestro0
    OP

United States
    I remember a long time ago downloading a Ios not sure atm, I don`t have access atm to my wii but I wanna get the files ready.

Does that Ios make black screens happen?

4. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Dont update to 4.3, its too much trouble.

Use the stickied guide at the top of the hacking section to update to 4.2.

And DONT remove any IOS's except stubs, just update them all.

5. chaosdestro0
    OP

United States
    O.K so why does the homebrew channel randomly blackscreen, is it because of my IOS version, or my sd card?

6. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Sorry, no idea about the blackscreen

But wont hurt to update to 4.2 anyways, then you know you will have all clean IOS's.

BUT, do a nand backup via bootmii 1st, and install bootmii as boot2 if possible PRIOR to any update.

If it still blackscreens after a full update, that would suggest you have hardware issues.

7. chaosdestro0
    OP

United States
    Well I already have bootmii 2 installed with a nand backup, All I need to do now is install all the Ios`s, install some loaders and gonna start getting to work with Ocarina [​IMG].

8. chaosdestro0
    OP

United States
    Ok done nand backup however it still blackscreens I might try another sdcard.

9. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    *facepalm* backing up your old data isn't going to fix it, it just saves what you have in case things go wrong when you try to update everything. follow one of the sticky guides in the hacking forum and you'll be golden.

10. chaosdestro0
    OP

United States
    Sorry I did not mean that, I meant that Ive followed the tutorial installed all the Ios`s and Restored the Treyarch bug.

11. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Sounds like an SD card problem. They sometimes have compatibility issues. Try getting a well-known (and a full-size SD, at that) brand like Sandisk or Transcend.

Also, it's Trucha bug, and not Treyarch (they're the Call of Duty series guys) bug [​IMG]