Homebrew What does this mean for starfall?

rigogpu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i need some help with starfall if anyone can explain these features to me that would be much appreciated...i did some research and cant find a link or tutorial that explains these features so imma try my luck here since everyone here is knowledgable with this stuff im trying to learn every feature so i dont brick my wii somehow.....

Region free GC games with video mode patch
Region free Wii games
Region free channels
No mainmenu BGM
Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check
Replace health warning with backmenu
Skip disc update check

i have ideas on what they mean but just not sure....if u can explain each in detail or give me a tutorial link that would be great thanx

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll try to help you, even though I'm by no means an expert.

Region free GC games with video mode patch
I think that this enables GC games to be played on Wiis from other regions without the need to change the region of the console.

Region free Wii games
I guess it's the same as the first option, but for Wii games.

Region free channels
Again, the same as the first option, but for Channels.

No mainmenu BGM
It removes the background music from the main menu. I like it, so I wouldn't get rid of it...

Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
If you have a GC controller plugged to your Wii, then you can repair your Wii if Y is held during the start-up. Extremely useful if you happen to screw while installing something and get a semi-brick.

Dunno. I didn't install it, since it sounds serious =?

Replace health warning with backmenu
It basically auto-skips the health warning screen.

Skip disc update check
It a game you want to play has an update for your console, then this option blocks the update, allowing you to play the game without the need of a newer version.

I *think* most of them work like this, but I'm sure that someone else will be able to provide you with a more accurate answer.

DrCaptainHarlock

Hustle bones comin' out my mouth
Trophies
Website
japan.com
XP
Country
Install "Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller" and "Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check" and I think you're pretty much brick-proof. If you keep the Twilight Hack save file on your wii and you install a bad WAD, you can use the rescue menu thing to boot up Twilight Princess and use the Twilight Hack to boot up WAD Manager, then delete the bad wad. I think. I read it somewhere.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Joey R. said:
Dunno. I didn't install it, since it sounds serious =?

wtf... you arent brickproof without this installed.

INSTALL IT!

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't be brickproof. Unless you have BootMii. In which you're mostly brickproof.

Region Free GC games + Video Mode Patch makes the games not work sometimes. I wouldn't install it.

Region Free Wii games is letting you play other region games. No video mode patch.

Region Free channels is the same as region free Wii games.

And my fav patches are removing the BGM and skipping the health warning. Install them. Now.

rigogpu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what exactly does this mean?? they just say install it but dont tell me what its for...kinda wanna know if imma install it....also how can i be brick proof?? do i need bootmii also i thought that was starfalls job??

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arm the Homeless said:
You can't be brickproof. Unless you have BootMii. In which you're mostly brickproof.

Region Free GC games + Video Mode Patch makes the games not work sometimes. I wouldn't install it.

Region Free Wii games is letting you play other region games. No video mode patch.

Region Free channels is the same as region free Wii games.

And my fav patches are removing the BGM and skipping the health warning. Install them. Now.
Are you kidding? All you need to unbrick your Wii is a GC remote

rigogpu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i did some reading and i found this is it true?
do not remove disk updates because if you do and you brick your wii you are officially screwed and have no way out of it because when u get a savemii, all it does is boot autoboot disks and looks for an update, if it sees no update you will be stuck with a bricked wii FOREVER

Hideki-kun

Trophies
Website
techno-bite.com
XP
Country
No. Because you DON'T NEED SAVEMII if you install Starfall with Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller and Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check because it will autoboot any game! Twilight Princess, even.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
STUPID Q :
What is the retail version of TP ?
are you serious stupid or on drugs?
The_Legend_of_Zelda_Twilight_Princess_wii.jpg

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a retail copy is a copy that is purchased at a retail store. so, if i went to bestbuy and bought a game it would then be a "retail copy".
lecture.gif

drugs work with all games.

tarek93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No really I don't have a TP original game !
but I have the backup , will it work with the auto-boot (Y button) ?

& do (retail) means that the game has been retailed from the GC ? cuz it is the same cover of the legend of zelda : twilight princess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5